Help me save.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Dominoko

Help me save.

Post by Dominoko »

I was playing Donkey Kong Country on version 1.51 and it didn't save my progress. I saved in game but when I went to play later it wasn't there. Now I read the FAQ on saving and all that but I just don't understand. How do I save my game?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Donkey Kong Country saves your current progress each time you visit Candy Kong. You can also create a savestate by pressing F2 anytime you want.

However, if the directory that ZSNES uses for save files is marked as Read Only (if default paths are used, ZSNES creates saves in the same directory where the main executable is), then obviously both savestate creation and the in-game save creation in this directory will fail.
Last edited by Agozer on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Dominoko

Post by Dominoko »

Oh I figured it out. Saving with Candy didn't work that's why I came here. Hitting F5 didn't have anything to do with saving but it did motivate me to press all the other ones. F3 chooses a save state and F2 saves. Thank you Agozer.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Yeah. Silly typo, that is now fixed.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

just FYI, F4 loads the state.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Lol I remember "cheating" by saving my state before a boss battle and if I losed id reload for DK haha.
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

"ok"
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54