star ocean translation

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

rage46
Lurker

star ocean translation

Post by rage46 »

Is this still an issue? I remember 5 years ago that the english version was translated alrite but that the rom was unstable as hell and I found out how unstable, I could barely get past the first 10 minutes without it glitching. I was just wondering if things have changed because zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) hasnt been updated in 2 years. I dropped out of the rom world for awhile and kinda have no clue what going on, hell cult of kefka was still around when I stopped posting haha.
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

It's the emulator, not the translation. For this game, use a different emulator, such as snes9x or bsnes.
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Ty ive never heard of bsnes, is it better than Zsnes or snes9x? and whoever changed my post (im assuming an admin) you dont have to be a dick, ppl mess up. Anyway why hasnt zsnes been updated in 2 years?
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

1) the forum software automatically picks on people that fail to spell the products name properly.

2) BSNES is the most accurate SNES emulator available, but requires a pretty good computer to run well.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

rage46 wrote:Ty ive never heard of bsnes, is it better than Zsnes or snes9x? and whoever changed my post (im assuming an admin) you dont have to be a dick, ppl mess up. Anyway why hasnt zsnes been updated in 2 years?
Depends on what you like. It doesn't have many of the filters zsnes and snes9x do, and no netplay(Which is somewhat moot as the latest two versions of zsnes don't have it anyway), but it's one of maybe 2 snes emulators to get sound 100% right. compare many of the sound effects in FF3 while using snes9x/zsnes to bsnes, and you'll find they actually sound right. Many games sound 100% fine in zsnes/snes9x, but many don't. I used FF3 as an example as it's probably the most well known game to have major sound emulation problems.

However, like franpa said, it needs a decently powerful CPU. RAM doesn't matter.
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Oh I see thank you for telling me thats new too. Im in the marine corps now and Ive been using zsnes since I was 13 so I kinda dont want to learn a new emulator if I dont have too. Why hasnt star ocean ever been fixed for zsnes, what the hang up?
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Right now, Zsnes is in the middle of a re-write, and likely will be a while before a new release. That's basically why it hasn't been fixed.

It's not known when the new version will come out. They're still working on it. I wouldn't wait for it, play the game in a different emulator. Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

Nah thank you. You have actually helped me alot, after playing and beating crono trigger star ocean seemed obvious but ya compatibility issues forced me to quit. What is the bsnes site? is it www.bsnes.com?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
byuu

Post by byuu »

rage46 wrote:Ty ive never heard of bsnes
God damnit, I'm firing my advertising staff.

I told them they were targeting the wrong demographic.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Else.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

grinvader wrote:Else.
I can't find It anyway.
Did he get stuck in the chimney again?
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

nah, i injected non malicious code into the site to block his links lulz.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]