How to get, setup and play games.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Repulsion

How to get, setup and play games.

Post by Repulsion »

Eh, I just got this emulator and I am really excited to play some SNES games but eh... I just don't know how to setup and get games, it makes me sad :( Any help?
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Getting games is up to you, can't help you with that here. Read the rules.

Setting it up just takes exploring the menus a bit, try finding your input setup and learning or setting up which keys you want to be which buttons.

the File > Load dialog will help you find and load your dumped image (game)

edit: also not everything in your profile has to be filled out lol

you can blank all those ims unless you plan on putting real ones there so you can be helped
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Asking where to get games is against the rules, and will put you on the banlist. You did read the board rules right? there are no excuses for not reading them.

This is your first and final warning.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Krendarian

Post by Krendarian »

Damn, new to the forums, and thought wow, what a great title for a thread this guys has, I'll go there first. Lets just say, I have the emulator, I have the games, and am trying to figure out how specifically to run the emulator the way I want it to. Yes I read the forum rules. Then I read the rest of the rules, all 22 threads of them. Then I read this thread where this guy just eveeen comes a smidgen of an iota to a gnats ass close to saying something that is (Oh No) considered talking about how or where to get parts of this little puzzle you guys have here so that he can come in to the ranks of the ENJOYERS. Against the rules. GOT IT.

Don't worry pal, once we get you in and set up, you still have to learn all about the settings and set up options so that the emulator and the games you "procure" run and save the way you want, or even at all. This issue and that one. Then you can get something running with the settings set a certain way, but for another game you will have to set up a massive Word document for all the different system config settings for each game on your ZSNES, as most of them wont run on all the same settings. It's Easy!

My first and probably only post in this forums (cause I'm prob gonna be banned for what I am about to say) to all of us who even come close to having an idea of starting up this "software" then to come on to forums to try and find help for certain things, you guys that run this operation daily really don't or perhaps couldn't comprehend just how strange your rants and corrective antics seem to us. It's like the President wanting to talk to the kids at school. HE CAN'T? Whyfore howcome? How did I draw this parallel? Well I'll tell you. It's about talking about something that someone thinks they don't want you talking about. ROFLMAO@forum mods having to do these strange jobs to protect their companies who apparently are doing something only "somewhat" legal. Pay Nintendo off once and for all and get on with this garbage, no ones going looking to pay for an old snes system to play this old crap anyways. If Nintendo thinks there is still money to be made with this issue, why don't they just re-release the good ole SNES? The forum graveyard is getting quite full of reminder and warning posts. I wonder if anyone has a count of just how many warning posts there have ever been? Betcha it's like 700,000 already. In just less than like 20 years of the world-wide-web.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

you, sir, have too much free time on your hands.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

and you sir, are a moronic troll.

the games are still under copyright. and some of the games (super mario world, a link to the past, even chrono trigger, just to name a few) have been re-released on DS or GBA.

have a nice day.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Someone call the waahmbulance
Krendarian wrote:you can get something running with the settings set a certain way, but for another game you will have to set up a massive Word document for all the different system config settings for each game on your ZSNES, as most of them wont run on all the same settings.
You must be confusing with the n64 emulators.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54