Cannot add ANY cheat codes in ZSNES 1.51

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

elmattador

Cannot add ANY cheat codes in ZSNES 1.51

Post by elmattador »

Hi guys. Long time user here. I recently re-downloaded 1.51 after about a year or so of only playing current games. I only mention this to assure you I know how to use the emulator.

When I try to add a game genie or PAR code, it will not work. It only says "invalid code". Yes, I am entering the codes correctly. It does not matter the game or the code, the emu will simply not accept the code. I've tried everything-reinstalling the emu several times, different versions. Am I missing something? I think I might be retarded.

Thanks so much in advance.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

What codes are you trying to enter in. ALL PAR codes require an 8 digit hex number and GG codes require a dash "-" in the middle.

Provide examples if you are unsure. Game, code, and link to code are necessary.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
elmattador

Post by elmattador »

Deathlike2 wrote:What codes are you trying to enter in. ALL PAR codes require an 8 digit hex number and GG codes require a dash "-" in the middle.

Provide examples if you are unsure. Game, code, and link to code are necessary.
Example: Super Punch out. Am using the US version
D9AD-DDA4 Both fighters gain max energy after making a
hit

Yes sir, I am adding the dash. It's not just this code though. It does not work for ANY game with ANY CODE. I am able to download .cht files though, and codes show up then. However, I am still not able to add them.

thanks so much for the speedy reply.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Have you been using the cheat search feature lately? Try deleting tmpchtsr.___ and see if that helps.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
elmattador

Post by elmattador »

No sir, I have not used the cheat search function. I did not have that file so I cannot delete it.

I'm really baffled by this. Like I said, I have used zsnes for years and never had this happen. Thanks again for the reply.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm not sure what else to tell you, but there's a cheat limit, so if you're hitting that, perhaps that is why you get the message.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

elmattador wrote:D9AD-DDA4 Both fighters gain max energy after making a hit
Do you input all that in the code field, or do you split it correctly between code and description fields ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
elmattador

Post by elmattador »

Deathlike2 wrote:I'm not sure what else to tell you, but there's a cheat limit, so if you're hitting that, perhaps that is why you get the message.
Thing is, there are no other codes present, so I can't see how I'd hit the limit.
grinvader wrote:
elmattador wrote:D9AD-DDA4 Both fighters gain max energy after making a hit
Do you input all that in the code field, or do you split it correctly between code and description fields ?
I split it correctly. Like I said, I've used zsnes for years now, and never encountered this. I've had a few problems with it on this computer, though- for example, my airflo controller will not work with at all. I have others though, so that's no biggie. I'm just gonna start making .cht files on another computer.

Has no one ever reported this problem with cheats before? I guess I should feel special.

Thanks guys for your help.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

This is seriously baffling. Is directinput working fine ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
elmattador

Post by elmattador »

grinvader wrote:This is seriously baffling. Is directinput working fine ?
How would I check that?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

elmattador wrote:
How would I check that?
One way would be to run dxdiag and checking the Input tab.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
elmattador

Post by elmattador »

Agozer wrote:
elmattador wrote:
How would I check that?
One way would be to run dxdiag and checking the Input tab.
It's working just fine.

I think I'm just gonna do without. It's not really a big deal, I don't use codes often anyway. Thanks again for your help everyone.
rage46
Lurker

Post by rage46 »

I dont know why anyone hasnt suggested this before but delete zsnes and re-download it. If that doest work make sure the folder or wherever your downloading it too is not write protected (sp?). If that still doesnt work than I really have no idea.
Some people are like slinky's not really good for anything but you can't help smile when one falls down the stairs.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

rage46 wrote:I dont know why anyone hasnt suggested this before but delete zsnes and re-download it. If that doest work make sure the folder or wherever your downloading it too is not write-protected.
Downloading and extracting it into a new directory works fine too, no need to delete anything.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list