netplay with hamachi

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

911killer

netplay with hamachi

Post by 911killer »

could someone please help how to set netplay up with hamachi or another to go into netplay without having to configure ports.
for him it worked when he entered my ip but it did not connect us even if it did connection was successful and when i try t connect to his server of netplay it does not work anyone can help pleasE?
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

Yes, I too would like to know more about Hamachi. How well does it work with ZSNES? The only people I plan on playing with live within a few miles of me, like 10-15 miles away. Is Hamachi a good alternative in this instance? Also, can cheat codes be used when using Hamachi?
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

As far as I know I tried hamachi playing with someone far away. It suxx. It's all laggy and shit and no gamer can cheat during netplaly. Maybe they can glitch, but not "cheat" as in game shark. If you want to play together I recommend port forwarding like everyone else that is new. Router is like epsxe. It's a pain in the ass at first but once you've got it, you'll wonder to yourself how i ever got stuck. ;)
Sardak

Hamachi

Post by Sardak »

I had an other problem with netplay....some games always crashed when I tried to load roms during netplay.

So, but I downloaded ZSNES 1.42 and Hamachi...it was easy as pie to play with my buddies. Just copy the IP from hamachi to netplay (be sure that everyone has the same Port)

I suggestion is...maybe it's the version of the emulator, and btw cheats (refereing to Mark57Raider)?!?! come on it's more fun without them :D
isamu
Hazed

Re: Hamachi

Post by isamu »

Sardak wrote:I had an other problem with netplay....some games always crashed when I tried to load roms during netplay.

So, but I downloaded ZSNES 1.42 and Hamachi...it was easy as pie to play with my buddies. Just copy the IP from hamachi to netplay (be sure that everyone has the same Port)
How close or far do you your buddies live to you? Were they lagging at all with Hamachi? My friends are only like 5-10 miles away. Should I expect any lag?
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

Sardak wrote: Just copy the IP from hamachi to netplay (be sure that everyone has the same Port)
Why do you need to do this? Doesn't hamachi see the other person as a second user on the PC?

Lets say I am running Hamachi and my friend connects to me. Doesn't he then have full access and control over my machine?

If so, once I double click on the ZSNES.exe and it loads on my machine, won't it also load on his as well, so long as he has the same version of zsnes as I do? And when that happens won't zsnes see both of us as "Player 1"? If so, won't this eliminate the need to even bring up the netplay menu within zsnes?

Im not sure how it works so some clarification is needed.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

isamu wrote:Why do you need to do this? Doesn't hamachi see the other person as a second user on the PC?
I was under the impression that Hamachi was just a VLAN connection service, so basically, users connected to the same account will see each other as different machines on a new local subnet. Launching applications and connecting is still up to the users on those machines.
Sardak

hamachi

Post by Sardak »

@isamu

my buddy an me live kinda at the same distance as you and your friend (I guess, maybe a bit more). And there were no lagg.

next thing: Hamachi is (not) only a network for games where your firewall wouldn't let you. It's a way to break the rules.

So I give you now what you need and what you have to do:

- You need the same version of ZSNES
- You need the same ROM of the game
- Both of you start hamachi and connect/open a server where you can see you ip address
- Then both of you start the ZSNES emulator
- Decide who will host the game and who will connect (and check the port number, has to be exactly the same)
- The guy who connects, need the IP from the one who hosts
- Even though if you are both "Player 1" (what I doubt), it doesn't matter. One of you picks player 1 and the other picks player 2, while you are at the chat window (in netplay)

Hoped that helped
isamu
Hazed

Re: hamachi

Post by isamu »

Sardak wrote:@isamu

my buddy an me live kinda at the same distance as you and your friend (I guess, maybe a bit more). And there were no lagg.

next thing: Hamachi is (not) only a network for games where your firewall wouldn't let you. It's a way to break the rules.

So I give you now what you need and what you have to do:

- You need the same version of ZSNES
- You need the same ROM of the game
- Both of you start hamachi and connect/open a server where you can see you ip address
- Then both of you start the ZSNES emulator
- Decide who will host the game and who will connect (and check the port number, has to be exactly the same)
- The guy who connects, need the IP from the one who hosts
- Even though if you are both "Player 1" (what I doubt), it doesn't matter. One of you picks player 1 and the other picks player 2, while you are at the chat window (in netplay)

Hoped that helped
Thanks Sardak :) Should we put UDP or TCP? Every time we try UDP it doesn't work. Just stays stuck on "Waiting to connect"
Sardak

Just try it with both UDP/TCP

Post by Sardak »

@isamu

I don't know what ZSNES version you have, but it works for me with the emulator 1.42. It's the latest version what allows netplay (the versions above 1.42 won't allow netplay)

if there are still any problem, I'm glad to help (if its not exceeding my knowledge :))

nothing to say for now...but....have fun :)