How do I create a .CHT file for WII SNES emulator?

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Jizz_Muffin

How do I create a .CHT file for WII SNES emulator?

Post by Jizz_Muffin »

Here is the game genie code. What exactly do I have to do to create a cht file?

49C3-6D67
CBC3-6D07
3CC3-6DA7

Its for the SNES emulator for WII. Otherwise I would of just putted manually as code into regular snes emulator for pc.

So, how do I take this code and turn into a cht file? Is there a tool I am supposed to use?

49C3-6D67
CBC3-6D07
3CC3-6DA7

Help appreciated, thank you and god bless. May god make you live a 100 years.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: How do I create a .CHT file for SNES emulator?

Post by grinvader »

This isn't about ZSNES, so I moved it somewhere more appropriate.

Now for your answer, it depends:
1- whether "the SNES emulator for WII" even supports cheat codes to begin with
2- if it does, you need to know the file format to build it...

Alternatively for 2, an emulator supporting cheat codes probably has an interface to add them manually.

For all of the above, I advise reading the documentation of that specific emulator.
Jizz_Muffin wrote:May god make you live a 100 years.
I'd rather have some skittles. Rampant shortage around these parts lately.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

yummmm skittles.
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Can't go throughout life without skittles, everyone knows that.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Based on the name, it should almost be assumed this character is a spammer. But I am going to wait and see.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Well, considering no one else.. lets continue shall we?

Snes9xGX I suppose it's called
I believe it does not let you add cheats through its interface, you just put the .cht files in a folder and name them the same as your ROM
cheatzilla has .cht files you can get
some forums and places have premade packs of .cht files

if you need to make your own .cht file, snes9x would be appropriate in this case (especially since its where this emulator you speak of is based from)

simply open the rom, easiest to get the one you are going to use exactly or a copy so that the name is the same, and add the cheats to the game
save them to a file if they are not automatically, it slips my mind at the moment either way then go into your snes9x folder and the cheats folder within, migrate them and/or your roms to your sd card in their appropriate folders
load the game and go to options and cheats I believe, turn them on and off as you please

enjoy~
Cael

Post by Cael »

thing is Snes9x GX uses Zsnes CHT files. i registered to make a similar post but found this instead,

all i can understand its a Binary format CHT files are in, theres utilities to decode it to ASCII but not back, yet be there premade files there hasto be a way to make them so Any Ideas?
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Well... Yeah. You make them in zsnes. Or I suppose a hexeditor, they probably aren't terribly complex as o recall figuring them out when I was maybe 13 or 14...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

load any game in zsnes, add the cheats, hit "save"
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
OV2

Post by OV2 »

I made a tool to convert between cht/txt a while ago:
http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb2/viewtopic. ... 4914#24914
Lord_of_Doom

Re: How do I create a .CHT file for WII SNES emulator?

Post by Lord_of_Doom »

I found it its a bit of a pain but heres what you do. This will allow you to make .cht files. using zsnes enter the code('s) in manually for what ever individual snes game you want then save them. then close down zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) and go into the roms folder there should be a .cht file for the code('s) you entered for such game then just drag that file into the cheat directory for the wii snes emulator and wabam your good to go. should work the same for gb gba nes as well but cant say for certain ill need to test it but in theory you should be able to use this exact same method to make .cht files for gba/nes/gb/gbc games as well
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: How do I create a .CHT file for WII SNES emulator?

Post by grinvader »

zsnes doesn't run on the wii, and its CHT files are probably incompatible with any other format out there.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54