Turbo Engine 16 emulator by AamirM

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Nightstrike

Post by Nightstrike »

Hey,

Kinda new to all this, I got the emulator, and I remember seeing my brother with this emulator playing neutopia and other such things.. I got a Ys Book 1&2 ROM download with teh ISO file thing... How exactly am I to get it to work tho? I am using Virtual Clone drive.. Umm.. Can't think of anything else.. Does this emulator not run ISO files? I thought i saw something like that somewhere but I can't find anything solid.. Thanks for the help!

~Nightstrike
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

DYING for the new release!!!
Nightstrike

Post by Nightstrike »

Nightstrike wrote:Hey,

Kinda new to all this, I got the emulator, and I remember seeing my brother with this emulator playing neutopia and other such things.. I got a Ys Book 1&2 ROM download with teh ISO file thing... How exactly am I to get it to work tho? I am using Virtual Clone drive.. Umm.. Can't think of anything else.. Does this emulator not run ISO files? I thought i saw something like that somewhere but I can't find anything solid.. Thanks for the help!

~Nightstrike
When I go to load a CD, I am getting the message "You Haven't Setup the CDROM BIOS"
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

AamirM wrote:Its decided then, I'll do a release with the audio fix in a few days (most probably next week).
If you do, can you PLEASE include the fix for the Disable Sound feature? :P

Also does anyone have the cheat converter? The URL for it is dead.
[url=http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega]Kega Fusion Supporter[/url] | [url=http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/]bsnes Supporter[/url] | [url=http://aamirm.hacking-cult.org/]Regen Supporter[/url]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Nightstrike wrote:

~Nightstrike
When I go to load a CD, I am getting the message "You Haven't Setup the CDROM BIOS"
You need to find the BIOS for the system. Also, we can't tell you where to download it.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

~Nightstrike
You will need the BIOS first of all. Search on google for this (use the v3.00). After getting the BIOS, you need to tell Turbo Engine where to find it. You can do this via "Misc->Configure Paths" from the menu. After that, you have to select whether you want to use a physical (or virtual, using Daemon tools etc..) CD-ROM or if you want to use CD-ROM images (ISO, CUE sheet or BIN). To do that, select the appropriate driver from "Misc -> CD Driver" sub menu. After that just load the game. If you selected a physical drive it will start to load automatically, if you selected "CD Image Driver" you will get a dialog windows asking for you to specify ISO/BIN/CUE file to load. ;)
DYING for the new release!!!
Sorry, about that. Due to some real life stuff getting in the way, I have been totally unable to do anything for the past week :( .
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Validus wrote:DYING for the new release!!!
Well then hurry up! Sacrifices don't happen that often these days :/
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

I did not get any sound glitches when playing Ys Book 1 and 2 nor Dracula X btw

But they were just testing real fast I did not get into it. I hope you can update it soon since I love how your graphics settings make it look better than MagicEngine.

Hope you include more graphics filters in newer versions...
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

I'm going to share something awesome with you guys. :P Turbo Engine 16 cheat codes for Akumajou Dracula X - Chi No Rondo (Japan) for the CD-ROM.

[0]
Name=Infinite Health
0=Off
1=On,1F0098:5C

[1]
Name=Infinite Hearts
0=Off
1=On,1F0094:99

[2]
Name=Infinite Lives
0=Off
1=On,1F008D:99

[3]
Name=Invincibility
0=Off
1=On,1F1460:1

Enjoy! :P
Last edited by King Of Chaos on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega]Kega Fusion Supporter[/url] | [url=http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/]bsnes Supporter[/url] | [url=http://aamirm.hacking-cult.org/]Regen Supporter[/url]
geoslake
Rookie

Post by geoslake »

Any update regarding this ?
Graphics just look horrible here.
When I select "interpolated2x" + any scanlines types, theres no interpolation.
Plugins don't work.
Moreover, screen ratio goes crazy as soon as I touch any option (like, sets itself to 3:2 even if it's actually set to "don't correct" in the menu.

Thanks

geoslake wrote:
AamirM wrote:No, I have a single core CPU. Here is a screenshot even:

Well, okay, but here, it's 65-75% (i just re-checked)

AamirM wrote:Thanks for the report, I'll check it out as soon as possible.

Thanks

AamirM wrote:Hearing this for the first time. Just enable the interpolation plugin :P .

It is enabled of course, but it seems it has no effect.
None of the Kega fusion plugins work, by the way.
Here is a screenshot :

Please note that the aspect ratio (set to "none" here) tends to default itself to 3/2, if I change anything regarding display.
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

wow man, i guess a before christmas release of the update seems like nothing more than a fantasy....

sucks too because your emulator plays a CD game that i need to play that magic engine plays like crap with graphic glitches all over the place. Your emulator runs the game flawlessly but has the CD sound problems. Please update the emu, we are dying to play games on it

thanks u
M4K

Post by M4K »

Hi All.
In emulation PCE CD only the area main ram area (started at 1F0000) concerned by the cheats (health, points, timers, weapons, XYZ positions, etc.), or CD-RAM/BRAM areas included? Mem map:
0D0000-10FFFF CD-RAM (256kB)
1EE000-1EFFFF B-RAM (8kB)
1F0000-1F1FFF MAIN-RAM (8kB)
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

M4K wrote:Hi All.
In emulation PCE CD only the area main ram area (started at 1F0000) concerned by the cheats (health, points, timers, weapons, XYZ positions, etc.), or CD-RAM/BRAM areas included? Mem map:
0D0000-10FFFF CD-RAM (256kB)
1EE000-1EFFFF B-RAM (8kB)
1F0000-1F1FFF MAIN-RAM (8kB)
hmm interesting, once proper info available, i'll add those manual-y on Artmoney' Emulator settings. (unless, that russian folk add it first)
M4K

Post by M4K »

//Rashidi How quickly you are able to do it? I wished to make the same:)
Validus
Rookie

Post by Validus »

Come on. can we get the sound fix update yet? I need to play a game that Magic Engine runs like crap graphically but yours runs perfect except the sound since its a CD game.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Patience. You'll get an update when there is an update.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
SwordKing

Post by SwordKing »

When I tried to run an .ISO I got the following message...
Error while loading CDROM game. If you are using a physical CD drive, make sure there is a CD in it.
Game = Valis II (US version)

BIOS = Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce

What did I do wrong?
Anime-niac
Rookie

Post by Anime-niac »

SwordKing wrote:When I tried to run an .ISO I got the following message...
Error while loading CDROM game. If you are using a physical CD drive, make sure there is a CD in it.
Game = Valis II (US version)

BIOS = Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce

What did I do wrong?
Your using a Japanese bios with a US game. You need to find a (U) version of the bios.
SwordKing

Post by SwordKing »

Tried the (U) BIOS, still got the error message.
ZagZagovich

Post by ZagZagovich »

Is sound fix still coming? Would love to play some Turbo Duo games. Great Emulator otherwise though.
thund3rstruck

Post by thund3rstruck »

SwordKing wrote:When I tried to run an .ISO I got the following message...
Same scenario for me. I just ripped a few games and none of the games play back if they have WAV files referenced in the CUE file.

I'm really struggling with CD games. At this point I have ripped several games and when I try to load them I get the "Error Loading CDROM Game" for games I've just ripped!

If I edit the generated cue file and remove all the WAV file entries, the same game loads up (without sound though).

What am I missing here? I've even tried entering in the fully qualified path to the WAV files in the cue but no joy. The only way a CD game will load is if the cue file contains no reference to any of the WAVs.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Come on. can we get the sound fix update yet? I need to play a game that Magic Engine runs like crap graphically but yours runs perfect except the sound since its a CD game.
It will hopefully be available soon :lol: . Sorry as I couldn't release it on time as I said because of the real life stuff getting in the way.

Other bug reports and problems have been noted and I will try to fix them and upload a new release hopefully soon.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

For some reason games like Air Zonk, Super Star Soldier and Raiden have a proplem where the sprite that you control goes to the left and it shakes and can't be controlled. Ordyne resets itself after you start.

Windows 7 64-bits
Intel i7 920
ATI Sappire Radeon HD 4860
6GB DDR3 RAM
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Re: Turbo Engine 16 emulator by AamirM

Post by AamirM »

Turbo Engine 0.32 has been released. This is a small update and mainly fixes the sound cracking/popping in some CD-ROM games.

As always, download from my homepage here.
LordFlux

Re: Turbo Engine 16 emulator by AamirM

Post by LordFlux »

Awesome! Thanks Aamir!