how to use a ps3 controller?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

matthewd49

how to use a ps3 controller?

Post by matthewd49 »

so, im running windows 7 64 bit and i can't seem to get my dualshock 3 to work with zsnes. i've tried many tutorials and walkthroughs but i just can't seem to get it to run. can someone offer me some instructions or link me through a walkthrough which could help me figure out how to use my ps3 controller on zsnes?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: how to use a ps3 controller?

Post by odditude »

http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis ... ecting-usb

works like a charm.

just remember to disable driver signature enforcement on boot when you want to use it.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Now imagine if it were as complicated as the HID exposed without their special driver. At least in Linux, the Dual Shock 3 exposes analog axes for every button except for Start, Select, and the two analog stick buttons. Even the digital pad has analog response on all four directions.
odditude

Post by odditude »

kode54 wrote:Now imagine if it were as complicated as the HID exposed without their special driver. At least in Linux, the Dual Shock 3 exposes analog axes for every button except for Start, Select, and the two analog stick buttons. Even the digital pad has analog response on all four directions.
the four face buttons are analog on DS2/3. don't know about L1/L2/R1/R2 on DS2 or L1/R1 on DS3.
kinda ridiculous to have gone analog on the D-pad, though.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

All the buttons on the DS2/DS3 are analog. Yes, even the digital pad, but I've never seen a game that actually uses it like that.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gamer's Creed

Post by Gamer's Creed »

odditude wrote:http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis ... ecting-usb

works like a charm.

just remember to disable driver signature enforcement on boot when you want to use it.
Why can't I just use the old one? It works fine on PJ64 and pretty much everything else
odditude

Post by odditude »

Gamer's Creed wrote:
odditude wrote:http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis ... ecting-usb

works like a charm.

Why can't I just use the old one? It works fine on PJ64 and pretty much everything else
...what?