How to Dump A 1.42 ZMV File?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Harglflargl

How to Dump A 1.42 ZMV File?

Post by Harglflargl »

I use ZSNES 1.42 for netplay, and I have a ZMV file I want to convert to an AVI file. I know in the recent versions, you can do this on the dumping tab in movie options, but how would I do this in 1.42?
paulguy
Zealot

Re: How to Dump A 1.42 ZMV File?

Post by paulguy »

If it doesn't have the dumping feature, you'll probably need to use something like camstudio or something to record the window as it plays back. If you're just playing back the video, I'd capture with the window at 256x224 so you can get the best possible frame rate.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Harglflargl

Post by Harglflargl »

The only problem I have with Camstudio is that it does not capture system sounds, and my microphone is terrible, and will not pick up much audio from the game. Are there any other alternatives?
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

It should be able to record system sounds unless your sound card can't. If that's the case, use a patch cable to go from line out to line in and record from line in.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Harglflargl

Post by Harglflargl »

I didn't have Camstudio to record from the speakers. It works now. Thanks for all of your help! I appreciate it.