ROMs all say bad checksum, though they play in Nestopia

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

starmage187

ROMs all say bad checksum, though they play in Nestopia

Post by starmage187 »

Hello. I'm posting here in the hope that some one can help me with a little issue I am having. I've used the search tool and I haven't found anything pertaining to what I'm seeing, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss it. At any rate, here is my problem. I have zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) installed on a computer running Ubuntu 9.10. Whenever I try to load a rom, it tells me that there is a checksum error and locks the computer up. My other computer is a Windows machine, however, and I can load the same rom in Nestopia and it works fine. zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) on Windows gives them same result. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Re: ROMs all say bad checksum, though they play in Nestopia

Post by adventure_of_link »

...are you trying to load NES games into ZSNES? If so, you are an idiot.

ZSNES is a SUPER NES emulator. which means you'll need SUPER NES ROMs to load in it. Don't ask for them, use Google.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
safaribans
Rookie

Post by safaribans »

If you want to play games with nestopia, here is the Linux version (you must build from source.)

Alternatively, you can try gfceu (which should be in your Ubuntu repos)

sudo apt-get install gfceu

I can't comment on it, but people seem to like it.

My personal choice for emulation is mednafen (also in Ubuntu repos.) and MESS
And behind me is
the Whole Hole
It consumes
anything.
--Yomi (Terranigma)
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

safaribans wrote:sudo apt-get install gfceu

I can't comment on it, but people seem to like it.
I can. It sucks terribad. It DOES play games, however, so that is why people will recommend it. As for nestopia, roughly 2/3 of linux users can't use their OS or follow step-by-step instructions, so they won't recommend it. Although when Canonical is fucking up shit in the desktop because they don't know how to fix underlying problems and "have to release something new every 6 months", those step-by-step instructions quickly become outdated anyways so I don't blame them.

As for on-topic, OP is an idiot. But if it helps you sleep at night, I'm sure your mom loves you anyways.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Seriously, OP, you deserve the ridicule you are getting.

However, I am locking this.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome