Problem using 2 controllers.

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

biggislims

Problem using 2 controllers.

Post by biggislims »

Hi, I've been using a Logitech F310 for a few weeks now, playing single player games. Today I went and bought a second controller so my roommate and I can get into some 2 player action, but I'm having a problem.

Both controllers are controlling players 1 and 2 simultaneously. They both seem to run under the same profile as far as Logitech's profiler is concerned. When I moved the 2nd controller to a new USB input I got no change. So I added a 3rd device in the Input option for Zsnes and still no change. When I take the 2nd input out in Zsnes (leaving 1 and 3) both controllers move only the 1st player.

Anybody have any ideas?
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Problem using 2 controllers.

Post by paulguy »

Try disabling/quitting/exiting/closing/etc. the logitech profiler (including it's process that sits in the system tray.), and see what happens. Sometimes that causes problems with some programs.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
biggislims

Post by biggislims »

Paulguy, I did as you requested and neither controller functioned.

Someone on another forum suggested I get Xpadder, which cost me $10 to download and I get the same results.

I feel like Zsnes thinks that since the controllers are identical its allowing them to control both players. In Street Fighter Alpha 2 this = opposite movement for the characters. Player 1 moves towards Player 2 when I press right on the stick, but Player 2 moves away from Player 1. In Super Smash TV both players move the same direction.

derp edit: no ROM sites, not even the titles/names
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

1. Disable Logitech Profiler as suggested earlier.
2. Plug in both controllers before starting ZSNES. Or alternatively, plug in the first controller, Start ZSNES, then plug in the second.
3. Make sure that Input #1 and #2 go through the motions, i.e. select Keyboard/Gamepad, click Set, click Set Keys. All the other inputs are set to None.
4. Make sure that "Use PL3/4 as PL1/2" is unselected.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
biggislims

Post by biggislims »

Thanks Agozer, I'll test this when I get home this evening.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

and just FYI, posting ROM sites, even the title/name of them, isn't allowed.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
biggislims

Post by biggislims »

Sorry bout that. I was just trying to give as much info as possible. It won't happen again.

:oops:
biggislims

Post by biggislims »

So, the methods thus far aren't working.

1. I boot up and "Exit" on Logitech Profiler from my system tray.
2. Plug in both controllers
3. Start up Zsnes
4. Inputs 1 and 2 are the only active ones in Zsnes. And "Use PL3/4 as PL1/2" is unselected.

This results in Zsnes not responding to either two of the controllers.

I closed it down and used the second alternative of plugging in the first controller, then starting up Zsnes, and plugging in the second controller = Non responsive.

Then I followed the directions and started up Xpadder after plugging in the controllers and they both work, but I have the same problem as before. Both controllers, move player 1 and 2 at the same time.

I also shut down Zsnes, start up Xpadder, plug in 1 controller, start up Zsnes, select the game, choose two player and both character selection boxes move with just the one controller plugged in.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Are you using Logitech drivers or the standard Windows HID controller driver? You can see which in device manager, the standard ones will have a manufacturer of "Microsoft" I believe, in the controller device's properties windows. If it's "Logitech" see if uninstalling it helps. If it's a standard controller, the normal driver should work with it (Your profiler program may complain about this, or become nonfunctional, but if it doesn't work you can always reinstall the driver.).
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae