WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

magitek369
Hazed

Re: WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Post by magitek369 »

lulz
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Poker Night at the Inventory, Team Fortress 2, Crysis, Titan Quest, Flat Out Ultimate Carnage, Bioshock 2, GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City, C&C Red Alert 3, Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands, and countless others. Goddamn Steam and their holiday sales... I'll never finish all of these.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Mass Effect 2 Demo + Dead Space 2 Demo. Bloody awesome.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Reccettear.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Lufia DS, Cave Story on Wii.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Psychonauts. Again. After about nine hours, or almost eight in game time, I've completed The Milkman Conspiracy and I'm ready to take on the three other crazy people in the asylum. Perfect collection rate so far.

Oh, and I had to equip the Xbox360 Wireless Controller driver available here instead of Microsoft's driver, since Microsoft didn't deem fit to make axes, triggers, or buttons remappable. So I've got it perfectly configured to the Logitech Rumblepad 2 alike layout so I didn't even have to change Psychonauts' default settings. Plus, if I need to go back to Microsoft's driver to use XInput, I can easily swap the drivers in the device manager without rebooting. Also, the drivers are signed, so they'll work with Vista/7 64-bit without any testing mode crap. (Oh, and the notification area icon application specific to each driver set also supports automatic profile loading, you just need to create an input profile, then save it, using the executable filename of the game or program you want the profile to be loaded for.)

Oh, just noticed. If you decide to use the Xbox360 Wireless Controller driver from that site, power off all of the controllers currently associated with the wireless receiver before changing its driver out, or else the exposed HID controllers will remain in the device manager, and it will ask you to reboot to complete the change. Although it's not too late to fix it if you did swap it, then you can just cancel the reboot, swap the receiver back to Microsoft's driver, then power off all the controllers first before trying to swap again. Also, you do not need to reboot to change the number of controllers it reports to the system, you only need to change the setting in the registry or with the notification area icon application, then disable and reenable the master USB controller device in the device manager.

Fun times. Maybe Microsoft will make a nice mapper program like Logitech has. Fat change. It's probably more likely that someone will somehow add XInput support to these drivers so they don't need to be swapped out for XInput games.

The developer of that driver also produced a DirectInput Force Feedback to XInput wrapper for several XInput controllers, so you can also have FF rumble support without fully swapping out the controller driver. In case you want DirectInput with rumble, but don't mind being limited to Microsoft's DirectInput mapping layout.
mudlord88
Lurker

Post by mudlord88 »

Call of Duty: Black Ops. Yes I know
And legit too, via Steam.

Wanted to buy Super Meat Boy, because I hate all the broken scene releases....And, because its one of those super rare games I would buy for saying a big fuck you to PETA with its character cheat.....:D
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

kode54 wrote:Psychonauts. Again.
kode54 wrote: Oh, and I had to equip the Xbox360 Wireless Controller driver available here instead of Microsoft's driver, since Microsoft didn't deem fit to make axes, triggers, or buttons remappable.
How do these drivers behave with games that have specific Xbox 360 controller profiles?
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

If the games use DirectInput, then you can remap the axes/triggers/buttons to behave exactly like DirectInput for the Xbox360 controllers does. If they use XInput, then you can't use this driver.

In the event that you do need XInput, it's a simple matter of opening the device manager, right clicking on the master device ("Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller" under "Human Interface Devices") and selecting "Update Driver Software..." then "Browse my computer for driver software..." then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" then the original "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows."

Switching to that driver involves applying the reverse of that step to the "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows" which is found under the "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class" category. Only you'll have to locate the .inf for either the x86 or x64 version of the x360wc driver, depending on your OS version.

Maybe some clever person could modify the driver so it supports XInput natively, without any driver switching mess. The source code is available, after all. Although I don't think it includes the author's code signing certificate, so anyone who modifies it will either have to enable driver testing mode on their OS, or acquire their own code signing license.

In related news, I submitted a patch to the Linux kernel input driver mailing list that fixes Xbox 360 Wireless Controller player indicator LED flashing to actually show the correct player number instead of just blinking the ring like it's still associating until powered off. Oh, and also force feedback rumble support. I hope the FOSS kiddies enjoy it, since I got all the information from that driver I linked above.

Oh, and finished Psychonauts with a rank of 101, just like God intended.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

the witcher, borderlands, uncharted, just cause 2, batman AA: goty. those are just the more serious ones. steam sales are awesome.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

I'm playing Secret of Evermore. I somehow can't be bothered to complete the trading scheme in the Greek town.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Aquaria. I'm at the Frozen Veil now, trying to hop between those damn bubbles of water in the sky. I saved and quit yesterday after attempting that for over 15 minutes, since for some strange reason the game started to bog down like crazy and ended up at maybe 10fps or so instead of the usual 60.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

badinsults wrote:I'm playing Secret of Evermore. I somehow can't be bothered to complete the trading scheme in the Greek town.
Brings back memories... The first time I ever played it, I glitched it so bad I had to delete my save and start over. I somehow made it from Ivor Tower to Ebon Keep without taking the forest route under the chessboard. If I tried to walk into the room where you fight the Verminator, I did it from behind and was trapped in the boxes that blocked the path. Verminator was not there. I then made it to the space station at way too low a level and without the bazooka, so I was getting my ass handed to me by the wildlife there. That and none of the space station events would trigger.

I still have never been able to replicate this.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles....

wait for it....

ECHOES OF TIME on the Nintendo DS

Oh yeah, I've also been playing some Dissidia Final Fantasy, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and New Super Mario Bros Wii

And personally, I think Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time plays waaaay too much like Zelda. :?

Seriously, you fight in real-time, just like in Zelda. You also go through the various dungeons, solving puzzles, and then find the key at the end and open the way to the boss, just like in Zelda. There's even a weapon charge, ALMOST like Zelda. Oh, and did I mention that the menu screen font is basically ripped off Phantom Hourglass and/or Spirit Tracks? :? Yup, you guessed it: Obviously, just like Zelda. :roll:

Basically, the only thing it was missing was an original remix of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpEzYEoV9qY
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

adventure_of_link wrote: Seriously, you fight in real-time, just like in Zelda.
And Crystalis, and Diablo, and Secret of Mana, and...
You also go through the various dungeons, solving puzzles, and then find the key at the end and open the way to the boss, just like in Zelda.
And ... I'm not even gonna look for examples of this, that's such a prolific cliche.
Really, how is "unlock path to boss" in any way a sign of a Zelda ripoff?
There's even a weapon charge, ALMOST like Zelda.
And Secret of Evermore, and R-Type, and Crystalis, and...
Oh, and did I mention that the menu screen font is basically ripped off Phantom Hourglass and/or Spirit Tracks? :? Yup, you guessed it: Obviously, just like Zelda. :roll:
Oh yeah, that's a pretty distinct font there. Bet it's never been used anywhere.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
magitek369
Hazed

Post by magitek369 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:blah, blah, blah
You really DO have to pick apart everything, don't you?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

magitek369 wrote:
I'd have done it if he hadn't.

with waaay more swear words

consider his posts a blessing in (thin) disguise
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

magitek369 wrote:
it's like a sad puppy troll. CUTE

re-added everyday genius: squarelogic to the mix. it's a fun ken-ken game. my goal is to get into the top 200 on the steam leaderboards. i'm currently 593.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

magitek369 wrote:
Only the stupid stuff.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Final Fantasy 2: 20th anniversary edition
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Dissidia Final Fantasy
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Forza 3 (360).... still
TDU2 (360)
Metal Slug (MVS)
Neo Bomberman (MVS)
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Still smoking those disgusting cigarettes?
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

i'm looking for an arcade game title, to see if it already emulated on mame or not.[

- it can have up to 4 players (blue, green, yellow, red).
- a somewhat shooter game.
- player can get a powerup to upgrade the firepower by grabing bouncing ball that match their color.
- each player have different firepower
- player able to shoot & jump.
- iirc, there also powerups that allow limited time of flying.

probably released before 1994 as around that year the aracade center replaces it with G.I.Joe
I want to know what the name of that old arcade game.

edit: i found the game.
Last edited by Rashidi on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Final Fantasy XIII
Dead Space
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars