ZSNES is no longer in active development.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: ZSNES is not dead - Still in development

Post by grinvader »

I.S.T. wrote:At this point in time y'all need to just start from scratch. It'll go way faster.
Hahahahaha

no shit, dood
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

God wrote:Damn whipersnappers. I don't get no respect.
We best stop giving you respect then! Oh wai- we already don't. Move along people, nothing to see here.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
God
Sucks at Tetris

Post by God »

*shakes fist*
Me-damned free will! Stupid "kind and loving" bullhockey!
Who did I allow to sell me on this hippie crap and why did I create them? Nothing wrong with a well-deserved smiting!
Thalon
Rookie

Post by Thalon »

Just relogged after years of absence on this forum: still not dead? Really?
Are Pagefault and the other members of the team still around this boards?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

They still visit the forums from time to time. It'll be out when it's out.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
wyatt8740

Post by wyatt8740 »

badinsults wrote:This question seems to come up far too often, so I thought I would make this an announcement thread for the people who can't seem to read the rules. ZSNES is not dead, so yeah, you don't have to ask that question. Fun.
Really? its been two years. At the very least, re release the exact same program as 1.5.2, saying that the version number changed in the changelog.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

What in the world would that accomplish?
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

That reminds me, we should do a poll of the stupidest things that have ever been posted on this board.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Johan_H wrote:What in the world would that accomplish?
Get a fresh wave of attention focused on teh z.nes
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Gonzo wrote:That reminds me, we should do a poll of the stupidest things that have ever been posted on this board.
that would be a close and hilarious race.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

wyatt8740 wrote:Really? its been two years. At the very least, re release the exact same program as 1.5.2, saying that the version number changed in the changelog.
A lot of stuff changed since 1.51. When we release the next version, it's not gonna be 1.52.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

What sucks is it probably won't fix the problem of glitchy let's plays where they still use the version they got like 8 years ago
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

grinvader wrote:
wyatt8740 wrote:Really? its been two years. At the very least, re release the exact same program as 1.5.2, saying that the version number changed in the changelog.
A lot of stuff changed since 1.51. When we release the next version, it's not gonna be 1.52.
If current source is better than the current release, what is the argument against release?

There is something to be said for "release early, release often". I've been using zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) and various ports of zsnes for years and years. I love the emulator and I appreciate the work done by developers because I know good emulation is very hard to achieve. However, when we're approaching five years without a release, you do certainly have the appearance of a dead project. Meanwhile, snes9x has a release with the past few months.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

after how many years of inactivity?

also current source being better does not equal current source being release ready or stable. better is such an ambiguous word.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

enderandrew wrote:
grinvader wrote:
If current source is better than the current release, what is the argument against release?
What makes you think it is ? Seriously, you make it sound as if we're preventing people from enjoying the thing, why would we do that.
We can't release something that doesn't work, and it's not gonna fix itself. Not trivial to fix either, so newcomers can't really help. And telling us to work on it doesn't make us magically free to do so. Priorities, dood.
Meanwhile, snes9x has a release with the past few months.
Why would that matter ? It's not a race. It also provides fresh updates for people who can't wait patiently, so it's great for everyone.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

trallala
Rookie

Post by trallala »

grinvader wrote: (...) people who can't wait patiently (...)
is this supposed to be a joke?
its been almost 5 years!
what the hell do you define as patience?

don't know about the others, but i reached a point where i'm pretty sure you guys are just trolling us.
that the project has been dead for years and you just wanna see how much longer you can mess with people - for the lulz
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

what's five years? how quickly could you translate tens of thousands of lines of machine assember into c++? while maintaining your real life.

if it never comes out, it never comes out. i personally come to these boards for the community, and not to know when 2.0 (maybe 10.0?) lands.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

One of the reasons I still come here is nostalgia, this was the second forum I ever registered with on the internets (first was Gamefaqs). :P I'm not really very anxious for a new Zsnes release anymore since I got a snes powerpak, though whenever it does come, I'll obviously be rushing to check it out the moment it's released.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Yeah same here. I don't come to this board because I'm waiting for the next release of zsnes. I don't even use zsnes anymore. I come to this message board because it is actually the first one I ever signed up to, and it's always been a good place for a laugh or just to see what's going on with everyone.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

trallala wrote:
grinvader wrote: (...) people who can't wait patiently (...)
is this supposed to be a joke?
its been almost 5 years!
what the hell do you define as patience?
Patience is being able to wait for any amount of time without trying to boss around people who are working on something as a hobby.
don't know about the others, but i reached a point where i'm pretty sure you guys are just trolling us.
that the project has been dead for years and you just wanna see how much longer you can mess with people - for the lulz
Nah, if we were trolling we'd be advertising all the cool progress and how close it is to completion and bullshit like that. Straight up honest stuff here. It's not dead. It's not ready anytime soon either.
If you can't wait, use other emulators. If you insist on exclusively using ZSNES, please be patient.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I only come around for the rich spambot experience. Can't get that anywhere else.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:I only come around for the rich spambot experience. Can't get that anywhere else.
yeah, it makes me think that they made this one here as their primary target practices.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I come here for the rare conversation, and out of habit. .p

The old wwwboard iteration of this forum was my first, and I've been banned so many times until the past 6ish years. :)
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Sessh
Rookie

Post by Sessh »

It's so funny that people are signing up to this board only to boss the developers around in their very first post and insist that, contrary to their belief, ZSNES is really dead. Hilarious.

I bet next, they'll start a thread complaining about how they can't get Sonic the Hedgehog to load into ZSNES and wants to know why.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Sessh wrote:It's so funny that people are signing up to this board only to boss the developers around in their very first post and insist that, contrary to their belief, ZSNES is really dead. Hilarious.

I bet next, they'll start a thread complaining about how they can't get Sonic the Hedgehog to load into ZSNES and wants to know why.
I've been here longer than some of the developers and I'm not convinced it isn't dead. And Sonic the Hedgehog loads fine. :P
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads