Problem with ZSNES & Windows 7

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

tius-lionheart48

Problem with ZSNES & Windows 7

Post by tius-lionheart48 »

The problem I am having is that at random points when I am playing a game the screen will automatically minimize. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with nVidia GEFORCE GT540M, dual core cpu 2.30 GHz. Beyond on that I am not certain what other information may be needed. When I used this software on XP I never encountered a problem like this. My DirectX is the most current release available.

So any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TL

Edit: There is really no need to use fonts and colors like that.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Problem with ZSNES & Windows 7

Post by grinvader »

Probably a bg program stealing focus.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
tius-lionheart48

The only other thing that was running is the antivirus scanner. I wasn't online at the time or using another program such as jetAudio. So I have no idea what would be using the large focus you are speaking of....
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

What he's suggesting is that there's a background application that causing that behavior. Consider closing unneeded applications. Even something like Winamp or your favorite IM app could be causing something like that.

Winamp and other music apps tend to cause music to not play or play correctly. IM apps tend to steal focus by default when receiving messages.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Depending on your control choices, it's also possible you're hitting one of the new window management hotkeys in Win7.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
tius-lionheart48

I am using a PlayStation 3 controller and not touching any keys while playing the game. I thought it might be just the software so I tried the other popular emulator. It did the same thing. So I will look at all the items that are active and shut them down. Hopefully your suggestions will stopt his occurence from happening again.

I have the same thing going on with my PS1 emulator.

Thanks for the prompt replies to my question.

TL
Last edited by kode54 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: GAH!
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

dude seriously, stop making your font freaking huge and that god awful shade of green. We can see the default font perfectly fine, that's why we all use it.
tius-lionheart48

I thank those that offered there help to me with the problem I had. To the one that seemed he needed to register a complaint take it up with the moderator. To the moderator I apologize for any hardships that the font size and colour may have caused.

I will withdraw as a member of this forum

TL