Having trouble with netplay? READ THIS!

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

JamesJ

Post by JamesJ »

yeah that works just fine, thanks alot guys.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

no problem buddy, enjoy the netplay!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Ekans

Post by Ekans »

Me and my buddy are not using routers. We connect directly to the internet through a modem.
Therefore, would I only need to specifiy his IP address under the Firewall. (using Vista: Firewall > ZSNES > Properties > Change scope > custom)? And he, doing the same? However, I have a feeling this seems unnecessary..
Ilitsa

Post by Ilitsa »

Hi, sorry but I have a question, me and my friend have been playing SoM over netplay for about 2 weeks now, it was working perfectly, but now as of this week, it won't connect whatsoever either TCP or UDP, we both have it all forwarded and everything, it had been working just fine, no changes were made, we both checked our settings, and nothing has changed, so if any suggestions could be given it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. We've tried both 1.42n and 1.36
Buffie

Re: Having trouble with netplay? READ THIS!

Post by Buffie »

ok im with a problem ive been at this for a bunch of hours today to get this to work but im rly getting NO progress at all, i even search all over the forums looking at youtube tutorials i just cant seem to get it work.

So i recenlty found out about this netplay (zsnes V1.42) and it got my attention to play with a friend but my problem is that i CANNOT host a game it keeps saying ''waiting for client'' same for my friend. So i did the portforwarding (TCP / UDP / BOTH) but that didnt seem to work and tried to setup hamachi did not work either aswell firewall or whatnot its all turned off yet no progress.

I have a gigabit router 300N

can anyone help me and tell me what im doin wrong? or wat im missing to do.
yShawn

Post by yShawn »

Buffie wrote:ok im with a problem ive been at this for a bunch of hours today to get this to work but im rly getting NO progress at all, i even search all over the forums looking at youtube tutorials i just cant seem to get it work.

So i recenlty found out about this netplay (zsnes V1.42) and it got my attention to play with a friend but my problem is that i CANNOT host a game it keeps saying ''waiting for client'' same for my friend. So i did the portforwarding (TCP / UDP / BOTH) but that didnt seem to work and tried to setup hamachi did not work either aswell firewall or whatnot its all turned off yet no progress.

I have a gigabit router 300N

Im having the exact same problem, When I go to host a server it just makes me wait forever, when I connect it says im player 2. .?
What do I do.
can anyone help me and tell me what im doin wrong? or wat im missing to do.
Reblar

Post by Reblar »

Having the same problem as the guys above me.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Reblar wrote:Having the same problem as the guys above me.
Oooooooooo.... kay.... and did you read through the entire thread? :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.