ZSNES documentation needs updating before v1.40

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Uh, hello? Are people not here? What happened with my SPC711 docs.
(Ah, geez. If the document I made sucks, I'm screwed.) Okay, so I guess there's no one out on this thread. Pph! The heck with this, I'm going to play Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls or Tales of Phantasia on Visual Boy Advance.
Sony's PSP may have superior hardware, but like many other systems, it doesn't focus on quality in their games. The Nintendo DS will prevail in the gaming department!
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

SPC7110

*saves thread*
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
ipher
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by ipher »

gaijinx1 wrote:Uh, hello? Are people not here? What happened with my SPC711 docs.
(Ah, geez. If the document I made sucks, I'm screwed.) Okay, so I guess there's no one out on this thread. Pph! The heck with this, I'm going to play Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls or Tales of Phantasia on Visual Boy Advance.
actually, i never got your email... Im guessing gmail is just being a b*tch again...
[url=http://www.ipherswipsite.com]ipher's WIP Site[/url]
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

grinvader wrote:
benden_dragon wrote:I am new member to the forums, but I have been reading these posts for a long time now. I promise I will not make the mistake other people have made (like a guy called "gaijinx1", don't know 'im, but I think he's a fool). I will never bug anyone about Zsnes and when it's coming out. I've been keeping up with Zsnes documentation though, and I know it's coming along very nicely. Keep up the good work, I know you can do it! If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
It's so funny I've fallen from my chair.
Gaijinx1, for the love of god, at least change your damn IP when you do something like this.

Either that, or do like Icecreamz: keep your old account and just say "ok i'll stop the shit now, sorry" and stop the shit for good.
HA! I can't believe that he actually did that. Incredible.

Back on topic... Shouldn't Radio get a credit, seeing as the design of the docs is based on the Zsnes.com design, which was created by him? i do not see his name in the credits section anywhere.
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

You can send things with yousendit.com. Try that.

Oh, and here's another revision of the man page. I changed quite a bit. I still haven't added a bug reporting section, yet. Should I tell people to use the SF bug tracker, or come post here?

EDIT: Oops, here.

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9699A ... E2A10DBDB5
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Well, Noxious Nina, I used yousendit.com (sent it to ipher@gmail.com) and it apparently worked. Tell this to ipher, please. I hope that the SPC7110 doc is sufficient.
Sony's PSP may have superior hardware, but like many other systems, it doesn't focus on quality in their games. The Nintendo DS will prevail in the gaming department!
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

I think my version of the documents is pretty much gramatically correct now. The GUI section needs updating.

Can someone please go to http://geocities.com/icefox150/windows/gui.htm#config and check the sound section and see if it's OK? I also need to know what exactly "Disable SPC Emulation" is.
gaijinx1 wrote:Well, Noxious Nina, I used yousendit.com (sent it to ipher@gmail.com) and it apparently worked. Tell this to ipher, please. I hope that the SPC7110 doc is sufficient.
That's because his address is ipher1@gmail.com :)
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Okay, I just sent the SPC7110 document to ipher1@gmail.com! (Ah, crap!
I really screwed that one up!) Sorry for the confusion I cause. I hope he gets the document now! I thought it said "ipher@gmail.com" and not "ipher1@gmail.com". Meh. I guess I read to fast. I'll want feedback on the SPC7110 document ASAP.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Stomping Nitrofish wrote:
grinvader wrote:
benden_dragon wrote:I am new member to the forums, but I have been reading these posts for a long time now. I promise I will not make the mistake other people have made (like a guy called "gaijinx1", don't know 'im, but I think he's a fool). I will never bug anyone about Zsnes and when it's coming out. I've been keeping up with Zsnes documentation though, and I know it's coming along very nicely. Keep up the good work, I know you can do it! If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Gaijinx1, for the love of god, at least change your damn IP when you do something like this.

Either that, or do like Icecreamz: keep your old account and just say "ok i'll stop the shit now, sorry" and stop the shit for good.

Back on topic... Shouldn't Radio get a credit, seeing as the design of the docs is based on the Zsnes.com design, which was created by him? i do not see his name in the credits section anywhere.
Actually, it's the second time he does that.

Yeah, I think Radio should have credit too, I only hope he really wants it anyway. He hasn't returned since his title was changed.
Last edited by Joe Camacho on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

As far as the "Disable SPC Emulation" is, I think it might have to do with the way the SPC dumps sound. Either that, it might change the way the SPC calculates. I don't know for sure. I might do some more research.
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

What's so difficult to understand? "Disable SPC Emulation" disables the emulation of the SPC700 chip.
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
gaijinx1
Hazed

Post by gaijinx1 »

Yeah, I was at some website just now and it said "this disables the SuperNES SPC processor. I was gonna say that but I had to do something else for a couple of minutes
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Joe Camacho wrote:
grinvader wrote:

Yeah, I think Radio should have credit too, I only hope he really wants it anyway. He hasn't returned since his title was changed.
I also agree Radio should be credited.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

snkcube wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
grinvader wrote:

Radio is in the credits: http://richardc.silohware.com/shared/credits.htm
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

illegal eagle wrote:What's so difficult to understand? "Disable SPC Emulation" disables the emulation of the SPC700 chip.
Note to gaijinx1: the SPC700 chip isn't like the SPC7110 - be careful !

To 1.4 documentation writers - you may want to remove Q&As about S-DD1 packs, S-DD1 logs and SPC7110 logs, as these are not used/made anymore. Sorry (and thanks) if you already did so.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

grinvader wrote:
illegal eagle wrote:What's so difficult to understand? "Disable SPC Emulation" disables the emulation of the SPC700 chip.

To 1.4 documentation writers - you may want to remove Q&As about S-DD1 packs, S-DD1 logs and SPC7110 logs, as these are not used/made anymore. Sorry (and thanks) if you already did so.
Yeah, Richard used my modified FAQ and removed the SDD-1 packs questions. Oddly, he also removed my FAQ "I used Zsnes's auto-patching feature, and now the game doesn't work."
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

kevman wrote:Oddly, he also removed my FAQ "I used Zsnes's auto-patching feature, and now the game doesn't work."
This should be in the FAQ, indeed.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

IceFox wrote:
snkcube wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
grinvader wrote:

Radio is in the credits: http://richardc.silohware.com/shared/credits.htm
Excellent....
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Richard C.
Lurker

Post by Richard C. »

kevman wrote:
grinvader wrote:

Yeah, Richard used my modified FAQ and removed the SDD-1 packs questions. Oddly, he also removed my FAQ "I used Zsnes's auto-patching feature, and now the game doesn't work."
oops :oops:
Latest ZSNES release: [url=http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com]ZSNES 11/12/06 WIP[/url]
Latest NSRT release: [url=http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/]NSRT 3.3 Final[/url]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

snkcube wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
grinvader wrote:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but, I also agree. But, I thought Radio's password got reset? :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
DEFIANT
Joystick Jedi

Post by DEFIANT »

~DEFIANT
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2365/pirateuserbartv2.jpg[/img]
E=mc²
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." -V
[url=http://sc2.sourceforge.net/]The Ur-Quan Masters[/url]
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

But what are the advantages of this feature? How does it affect the sound?
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

It, well, disables SPC emulation. It makes things faster, but tends to break things. One of the most famous examples is the character switch screen in Chrono Trigger.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
ipher
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by ipher »

gaijinx1 wrote:Okay, I just sent the SPC7110 document to ipher1@gmail.com! (Ah, crap!
I really screwed that one up!) Sorry for the confusion I cause. I hope he gets the document now! I thought it said "ipher@gmail.com" and not "ipher1@gmail.com". Meh. I guess I read to fast. I'll want feedback on the SPC7110 document ASAP.
ok, i got it and passed it along to Nach, when we get a little bit of free time we'll look over it

and don't worry about the ipher/ipher1 thing, 90% of the time i type in ipher@gmail.com then have to change it later...
[url=http://www.ipherswipsite.com]ipher's WIP Site[/url]
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

IceFox wrote:
But what are the advantages of this feature? How does it affect the sound?
It's one processor less to emulate, so ZSNES will run faster. This is from the early days (ZSNES.D on 486 etc.), nobody should need it today.

And, like Noxious Ninja said, it'll break things because games might want to get data from the SPC700. (The equalizers in Star Ocean's sound player might get their data from that, dunno.)
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]