Black window in windowed mode with D option

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

bavander

Black window in windowed mode with D option

Post by bavander »

I'm using Windows 2000 with SP3. I've installed the latest DirectX runtime on my computer. I'm running at 350MHz with 64MB of ram.

This is regarding the WIP release file named ZSNESW_RC1.zip

This release works pretty good for the most part. The only problem I have encountered is when the video mode is set to a windowed mode instead of full screen and uses the D (hires,etc) option. I can set to windowed modes that just use the R or S option, but if it uses a D option, I get a black window with nothing in it, and it switches back to the previous mode. The main problem is, when I run it the first time, it sets the mode number to 3, which uses a windowed mode with the D option and it crashes or I have to end the task manually. The only workaround I know is to manually edit the zsnesw.cfg file after the first run and change the video mode setting to something that does not use windowed mode with option D.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Try setting your desktop to 16-bit colour depth in your computer's display settings.
illegal eagle
Savestate Pimp

Post by illegal eagle »

You can always press Alt+Enter to switch between windowed and fullscreen. The current video mode is displayed at the bottom of the Video Options window, IIRC.
"Other people can give you more suggestions as I just lost all my motivation to respond further to this post."
[i] - Nightcrawler[/i]

[url=http://www.geocities.com/illegal_eagle_2003/]vSNES v2.00[/url]: My SNES savestate viewer.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

DO yourself a favor and get SP4. Unlike windows XP, there is no reason not to, and it helps DX and security and USB support alot.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

I see no reason to avoid XP SP2...
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Ichinisan wrote:I see no reason to avoid XP SP2...
Seconded.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

snkcube wrote:
Ichinisan wrote:I see no reason to avoid XP SP2...
Seconded.
Its security systems have a severe glitch on the networks here that can render it impossible to surf the net. It has been overcome by the residents who are very good with computers, but most people just haven't upgraded... That was a while ago, though. It may have been resolved/

SP2 may be alright for a home PC, but the only way I'd use it is to disable most of the annoying securty warnings, and the labs here (which have a cloned version of SP2 that resets settings when you log off) its the biggest pain in the ass...
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Clements wrote:Try setting your desktop to 16-bit colour depth in your computer's display settings.
Zsnes RC1 should work fine in DR WIN modes when the desktop is 32bpp.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

grinvader wrote:
Clements wrote:Try setting your desktop to 16-bit colour depth in your computer's display settings.
Zsnes RC1 should work fine in DR WIN modes when the desktop is 32bpp.
I was thinking his display could only display 24-bit, which ZSNES cannot display on.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

You're right, that would fix it then.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54