Merry Christmas, you lovable assholes.

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Merry Christmas, you lovable assholes.

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I hope you all got coal. I mean, it's a rock that burns! How sweet is that?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
blackmyst
Zealot

Re: Merry Christmas, you lovable assholes.

Post by blackmyst »

If minecraft taught me anything, coal is a great gift.

Merry christmas you old farts.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Merry Christmas, all of you.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Merry day-after-Christmas!
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Happy holidays random people I don't know but help with zsnes and stuff anyway just because of an almost decade long habit and it's just something to do anyway.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

happy yule y'all
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

paulguy wrote:Happy holidays random people I don't know but help with zsnes and stuff anyway just because of an almost decade long habit and it's just something to do anyway.
Quoted for truth.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Hope everyone had a good holiday, whatever you celebrate. Here's to a successful and productive 2014 and PLEASE use alcohol responsibly (designated driver and following medicine directions EXACTLY are ftw), lest you spend the first several days of 2014 in the hospital or jail or something...
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

I don't plan on drinking at all because I DO NOT handle alcohol well. I'm a mean, nasty drunk and my already nasty temper always flares up when I'm drunk. If I were to use anything on NYE, it'd be weed because there's no severe hangover(just a little drowsiness the next day if you get REALLY stoned) and it's just a cleaner, more enjoyable high as a whole. Our retarded pot laws are the biggest danger, and it's also unfortunate that smoking is the most popular way to use it. Vaporized or eaten, it's safer & less addictive than even caffeine. Nobody has ever ODed and died from using pot because you CAN'T OD on it. You can get too stoned and pass out, but you'll be fine. Deaths from alcohol poisoning(or drug interactions with alcohol) and drunk driving are VERY common. Driving while stoned isn't nearly as dangerous, but it's still fucking stupid and I'd strongly advise against it.

Sorry for going OT. Our dumb fucking pot laws piss me off to no end because it's incredibly useful to me medically. I can't use it because I have to pass drug tests.(prescription related) Even if you're addicted to weed and have to quit cold turkey, it's like a much milder version of nicotine WD that lasts around a week even for heavy daily users. If you're gonna get fucked up, just use some weed if you can use it without getting caught. You'll feel fine on NYD unlike the people who got shitfaced. Alcohol is one of the shittiest, most dangerous drugs in existence.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

And that rant is Yuber's gift to us all.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Merry Christmas ya filthy animal, and a happy new year.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:And that rant is Yuber's gift to us all.
Did you except anything else, Gilly-poo? Rants are my specialty, and my holiday rant will live on for all time through THE INFINITE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

Remember; weed is better than booze! If you heed my advice, you'll thank me the next morning. Unlike most years, I'm just gonna stay in and chill at my condo. Happy holidays you goofy motherfuckers.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Merry Christmas to you all for when it was Christmas.

It's New Years Eve over here right now(it'll be New Year's day in about 9 hours), so I hope you all have a happy new years when you get there.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

merry fat pedophile corporate whore cosplayer with diabeetus time and here's to 2014
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

grinvader wrote:merry fat pedophile corporate whore cosplayer with diabeetus time and here's to 2014
what
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Santa Claus.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

lol, can't believe I missed that. That's the funniest and most disturbing description of ole' St. Nick I've ever come across. The corporate image of "Santa Klaus" is pretty strage because the original St. Nicholas was probably a dark haired olive-skinned dude. Same goes for all the silly pictures of a white, European Jesus with blue eyes. There are large groups of people that legitimately think Jesus was white and it makes absolutely no sense. Christians who hate Jewish people are completely retarded as well.

I guess certain images of historical and/or religious figures have been burned into the brains of so many people that glaring inaccuracies don't even raise eyebrows.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Yuber wrote:lol, can't believe I missed that. That's the funniest and most disturbing description of ole' St. Nick I've ever come across. The corporate image of "Santa Klaus" is pretty strage because the original St. Nicholas was probably a dark haired olive-skinned dude.
Except when he was Odin. Though I'm pretty sure the only gifts Odin gave out were swift deaths.

That's the best part of modern christianity. All the different traditions assimilated and mashed together, even when it makes no sense.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Except when he was Odin. Though I'm pretty sure the only gifts Odin gave out were swift deaths.
ZANTETSUKEN!!!!!!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

at least up here we still celebrate Yule and not that weird newfangled christian branded shit you anglo-saxons have going on!
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Yuber wrote:lol, can't believe I missed that. That's the funniest and most disturbing description of ole' St. Nick I've ever come across. The corporate image of "Santa Klaus" is pretty strage because the original St. Nicholas was probably a dark haired olive-skinned dude.
Except when he was Odin. Though I'm pretty sure the only gifts Odin gave out were swift deaths.

That's the best part of modern christianity. All the different traditions assimilated and mashed together, even when it makes no sense.
I'm(unofficially, haven't been baptized) a Christian myself, but it's true that pagan holidays have been assimilated into Christianity. Christmas being near the winter solstice is a perfect example since we don't know Jesus' actual date of birth. The theory that Odin eventually became Santa Klaus is pretty interesting; I just now looked it up. I love Christmas because I get to visit my parents' house & eat an amazingly decadent breakfast. Naturally, I always get tons of delicious junk food in my stocking as well. It's a great day to spend with family, and getting systems/games for Christmas as a kid was amazing. The constant ads & general over-commercialization of Christmas can be pretty damn annoying though.

Stories of Odin sound similar to legends of the grim reaper as well as the Japanese shinigami. The Odin in FF certainly is a messenger of death but the old bastard misses too much in the earlier FF games.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Yoshitaka managed to get both Odin's number of eyes and Sleipnir's number of legs wrong so don't count on much else being accurate.
Yuber
Trooper

Post by Yuber »

Well, FF characters that're based on myths are usually VERY loosely based on them, so I don't take FF games' Norse/Greek//Roman/whatever mythology seriously as far as accuracy is concerned. In FF9, Sleipnir(spelling? wikipedia is unreliable) has 6 legs instead of 8 while Odin himself has 2 eyes instead of 1. I think Square devs intentionally created alternate versions of legendary figures in their games that matched their own artistic tastes instead of making them accurate. In FF9, I don't really get why Square chose 6 legs instead of the standard 4 or the mythical 8. It's not like there wasn't room on the horse to add 2 more legs. They also could've made Odin 1-eyed by placing one large, glowing red eye where the mystical "3rd eye" is supposed to be in other mythology. I dunno if that would've looked better or just silly.

I also didn't know that Bahamut is a gigantic fish with an elephant(or hippo) head that helps to support the Earth :lol: in Arabian mythology. According to wikipedia(I know; it's questionable), I wonder if Bahamut and Leviathan are the same creature but from somewhat different myths/legends? Odin sounds kinda like Hades as well as the 2 other legends I mentioned earlier. In pantheistic religions, "the gods" seemed to be able to shape-shift as well, which makes it harder to pinpoint the original sources of these stories. Additionally, oral legends of these beings were probably being told tens of thousands of years before any of these stories were written down.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Yuber wrote:In pantheistic religions, "the gods" seemed to be able to shape-shift as well, which makes it harder to pinpoint the original sources of these stories.
The judeao-christian god just prefers to stay offstage. He knows how to maintain an image.
But an omnipotent being should be able to change his own appearance, so... it's safe to assume he can shapeshift.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

Kirby is God. Got it.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]