Kirby's Dreamland 3, Help?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Knx15a

Kirby's Dreamland 3, Help?

Post by Knx15a »

Hi!~ As you can tell... I'm new to the forum, but not new to ZSNES.

I've had the emulator for a very long time now, and this is the first time I've had problems. My version of Kirby's Dreamland 3 seems to have some bugs or whatever those are called.

1) Whenever I try to jump up or down onto platforms, the characters lag. (I don't know how to explain this) But it looks like the characters phase above or under a platform when I jump. Even when I don't want to. This bug becomes a pain in that level where you have to go all the way down, following the waddle-dees on wild boars...

2)I played KD3 before, and I remember that water was transparent! Now it isn't, and underwater levels are absolutely impossible! D': Please help...

3)This isn't related to the tech or anything... It's got to do with the gameplay itself. In the last level of Grassland World, in the trees, I don't know what to do... I've collected all the color blocks, but since I can't see behind the trees and everything, I can't find the exit...

Thanks in advance for whoever gives an answer!~ ^.^
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: Kirby's Dreamland 3, Help?

Post by badinsults »

I imagine these problems are related to incomplete SA-1 emulation. Unfortunately, the only way to deal with this problem is either to wait for Zsnes 2.0, or use a more accurate emulator (like Higan).
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Knx15a

Post by Knx15a »

badinsults wrote:I imagine these problems are related to incomplete SA-1 emulation. Unfortunately, the only way to deal with this problem is either to wait for Zsnes 2.0, or use a more accurate emulator (like Higan).
I see... Would using an older version of zsnes help?.. O.O
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Knx15a wrote:
badinsults wrote:I imagine these problems are related to incomplete SA-1 emulation. Unfortunately, the only way to deal with this problem is either to wait for Zsnes 2.0, or use a more accurate emulator (like Higan).
I see... Would using an older version of zsnes help?.. O.O
SA-1 has always been borked and kinda half-working. While you may avoid some glitches this way, you'll just as likely stumble on new ones.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Knx15a

Post by Knx15a »

Gil_Hamilton wrote: SA-1 has always been borked and kinda half-working. While you may avoid some glitches this way, you'll just as likely stumble on new ones.
Thanks for the advice. I'll just try it and see if it works a bit better. It's just so long as I can play KD3 properly like before... >.< Oh, and I didn't even know there was going to be another version of zsnes...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Knx15a wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote: SA-1 has always been borked and kinda half-working. While you may avoid some glitches this way, you'll just as likely stumble on new ones.
Thanks for the advice. I'll just try it and see if it works a bit better. It's just so long as I can play KD3 properly like before... >.< Oh, and I didn't even know there was going to be another version of zsnes...
Why are you so dead-set on doing this in ZSNES?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads