1080p Minimum specs

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Tsanjuro

1080p Minimum specs

Post by Tsanjuro »

Hello Everyone. I've got some questions regarding performance and I hope someone will have an idea dealing with a similar situation to mine.

System specs on the machine I would like to play on
Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram
AMD Radion HD 5450
Windows 8.1 Pro
HDMI cable going to a 50" Hisense 1920x1080 native TV

I am experiencing a LOT of frame skipping and general poor experience. Hardly playable. I've tried shutting down any unnecessary programs and making sure all drivers are up to date.

It seems odd to me that a pentium4 can play at 1280x1048 all damn day long lol and a core2duo cant handle 1080p. Does anyone know the minimum specs for 1080p or any tips I can try changing in the zsnesw config? I'd like to play in 1920x1080 full screen and stretched. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks a ton.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: 1080p Minimum specs

Post by grinvader »

Tsanjuro wrote:Windows 8.1 Pro

1920x1080
There you go. You're soft-scaling (no ddraw7 hardware acceleration in win8) by a non-integer, non-negligeable factor (around 4.8). Don't expect any sort of performance whatsoever.

Fix: use another emu that win8 caters to.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54