FFVI (III US) World Map Issue

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Rumcake

FFVI (III US) World Map Issue

Post by Rumcake »

Hello!

I've recently had the urge to play FFVI since I never actually did when I was younger (and the app on IOS is weird. I bought it anyway to support the game, but I'd rather not play there), so I downloaded ZSNES as my emulator and a rom I found online for FFIII (US). I got through the game intro and the first hour just fine, but when I first got to the world map, I couldn't move down...?

I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing here, but I've been able to move down just fine throughout the rest of the game I've played so far. I thought that maybe it was just the rom, so I downloaded another one and played through the same part of the game again. However, once I was at the world map again, I had the same issue.

Any light anyone could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: FFVI (III US) World Map Issue

Post by badinsults »

Pretty sure that many people have played through FFVI fine on zsnes. There must be something wrong with your configuration. We need more information, like which ROM image you are using.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Rumcake

Post by Rumcake »

Yeah, I figured it was on my end.. When you say the ROM image, do you mean where I got it from, or the information in the "rominfo" notepad that's in my ZSNES folder?
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Rumcake wrote:Yeah, I figured it was on my end.. When you say the ROM image, do you mean where I got it from, or the information in the "rominfo" notepad that's in my ZSNES folder?
The latter.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Rumcake

Post by Rumcake »

Here ya go!

This is the info for the last game you ran.

File: Final Fantasy III (USA).sfc Header: No
FINAL FANTASY 3 TYPE:NORMAL
INTERLEAVED:No CHKSUM:OK
VIDEO:NTSC BANK:Hi CRC32:A27F1C7A
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Looks like a clean dump. The problem comes from elsewhere.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
someone
Masochist

Post by someone »

I remember LONG time ago on a different version of ZSNES I had a similar problem, when I got on the world map my character would just start walking left. If I made the mini-map disappear I would walk freely. No figure.

Or it was something in the video settings, I don't really remember, but it made absolutely no since what so ever.