View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Wii U Pro Controller question 
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post Wii U Pro Controller question
I just got the Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U bundle. It cost an arm and a leg, but I'm quite happy with it -- even more so now that I have my hands on Bayonetta 2 and a few other "must have" titles along with XenoX. Anyway, I also placed an order for the Pro Controller (takes like 2-3 weeks to deliver, but whatever). Do Wii games support this Pro Controller, or do I need to get the original Wii controllers if I ever want to play Wii games?

My first Nintendo console. I'm kinda ashamed to admit that :/. Well, I did have a Gameboy when I was a kid.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:45 pm
Official tech support dood

Post Re: Wii U Pro Controller question
just double-checked to verify - the Wii U Pro Controller will not sync while the system's in Wii mode. you'll need to dig up some Wiimotes and Classic Controllers or Classic Controller Pros.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:37 pm
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Ok, thanks for verifying the doubt I had.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:49 pm
Zealot

If you're talking about the Wii remote, it'd be kinda hard to map a traditional controller to that without extensively hacking and tweaking every individual game. :p

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Official tech support dood

blackmyst wrote:
If you're talking about the Wii remote, it'd be kinda hard to map a traditional controller to that without extensively hacking and tweaking every individual game. :p

i have a feeling he was referring to games that explicitly support the Classic Controller (Pro).

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:45 pm
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

odditude wrote:
blackmyst wrote:

i have a feeling he was referring to games that explicitly support the Classic Controller (Pro).

Yeah, this was what I meant.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm
Zealot

Yeah I should've figured you did.

AFAIK the WiiU simply goes into Wii mode completely whenever a Wii game is played, meaning it's for all intents and purposes a different console. Which may seem kinda silly, but then, this is the only current console with 100% perfect backward compatibility out of the box, and this is probably an "easy" way to achieve it. When viewed like that, it does kinda make sense the WiiU pro isn't supported.

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:02 am
Buzzkill Gil

blackmyst wrote:
Yeah I should've figured you did.

AFAIK the WiiU simply goes into Wii mode completely whenever a Wii game is played, meaning it's for all intents and purposes a different console. Which may seem kinda silly, but then, this is the only current console with 100% perfect backward compatibility out of the box, and this is probably an "easy" way to achieve it. When viewed like that, it does kinda make sense the WiiU pro isn't supported.

It was a bit of an ambiguous state, since both systems "just" use Bluetooth for the controller interface.

I admit, I'd been wondering if the CCPU appeared as a Wiimote with CC connected, or a unique device, for a while. I now know!

DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.

KHDownloads

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]