Wii U Pro Controller question

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Wii U Pro Controller question

Post by Agozer »

I just got the Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U bundle. It cost an arm and a leg, but I'm quite happy with it -- even more so now that I have my hands on Bayonetta 2 and a few other "must have" titles along with XenoX. Anyway, I also placed an order for the Pro Controller (takes like 2-3 weeks to deliver, but whatever). Do Wii games support this Pro Controller, or do I need to get the original Wii controllers if I ever want to play Wii games?

My first Nintendo console. I'm kinda ashamed to admit that :/. Well, I did have a Gameboy when I was a kid.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Wii U Pro Controller question

Post by odditude »

just double-checked to verify - the Wii U Pro Controller will not sync while the system's in Wii mode. you'll need to dig up some Wiimotes and Classic Controllers or Classic Controller Pros.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Ok, thanks for verifying the doubt I had.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

If you're talking about the Wii remote, it'd be kinda hard to map a traditional controller to that without extensively hacking and tweaking every individual game. :p
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

blackmyst wrote:If you're talking about the Wii remote, it'd be kinda hard to map a traditional controller to that without extensively hacking and tweaking every individual game. :p
i have a feeling he was referring to games that explicitly support the Classic Controller (Pro).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

odditude wrote:
blackmyst wrote:If you're talking about the Wii remote, it'd be kinda hard to map a traditional controller to that without extensively hacking and tweaking every individual game. :p
i have a feeling he was referring to games that explicitly support the Classic Controller (Pro).
Yeah, this was what I meant.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Yeah I should've figured you did.

AFAIK the WiiU simply goes into Wii mode completely whenever a Wii game is played, meaning it's for all intents and purposes a different console. Which may seem kinda silly, but then, this is the only current console with 100% perfect backward compatibility out of the box, and this is probably an "easy" way to achieve it. When viewed like that, it does kinda make sense the WiiU pro isn't supported.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

blackmyst wrote:Yeah I should've figured you did.

AFAIK the WiiU simply goes into Wii mode completely whenever a Wii game is played, meaning it's for all intents and purposes a different console. Which may seem kinda silly, but then, this is the only current console with 100% perfect backward compatibility out of the box, and this is probably an "easy" way to achieve it. When viewed like that, it does kinda make sense the WiiU pro isn't supported.
It was a bit of an ambiguous state, since both systems "just" use Bluetooth for the controller interface.

I admit, I'd been wondering if the CCPU appeared as a Wiimote with CC connected, or a unique device, for a while. I now know!
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads