Take periodic screenshots

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jefus

Take periodic screenshots

Post by Jefus »

Hey guys,

What I'm attempting to do is take a screenshot of the game I'm playing every 6 seconds. It sounds ridiculous but it's for an art project.

I configured screenshots to F4 in ZSNES (1.51) and composed an AutoHotkey script that press F4 every 6 seconds. I get confirmation that the script is working (menus popping up, scrolling, etc.) in other programs but it does not work in ZSNES. I have tried a physical key press of F4 several times during the game it it works just fine.

Is there something I'm missing here? I'm not tied to F4 by any means; it was just what I tried.

Any help will be very appreciated!

Jefus
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Take periodic screenshots

Post by odditude »

does AutoHotKey offer any method to send legacy DirectInput7 events instead of raw keystrokes?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Jefus

Post by Jefus »

Here's how I got it working; there may have been other ways but I know that this works...

I started using SNES9X for my emulator
I have my AutoHotkey script hitting F12 (the default screenshot key for that emulator) every 6 seconds
I launch the emulator then back out of it and start the script, running the script as Administrator
Also, I changed the default message display time in the config file to 0 so it doesn't show a message every time I take a screenshot

I'm not saying this won't work with ZSNES. I tried a few emulators and SNES9X happened to be the one I was using when I got it to work.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

odditude wrote:legacy DirectInput7 events
dinput8
(ddraw is the one at 7)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54