Z.N.E.S

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

theelf
Rookie

Z.N.E.S

Post by theelf »

Hi, not technically related to "zsnes" but maybe someone have interest...

**** i need to use dots, because some admin believe is you write zsnes without the S... you are stupid ****

Since DOS days, i always dream to zsnes load NES/Famicom roms too... i love the GUI :D

The other day, i had some free time, and decide to (maybe too late :lol: ) make the dream true.... I compile zmz in mingw, change some small piece of code, and the fceumm libretro core is working perfectly now

I compile fceumm libretro core to support Famicom Disk System in ZMZ. Only need the bios "DISKSYS.ROM"

Sadly, because work, I almost dont have free time to fix small details

NES *.nes roms need to be uncompressed (zip is not working) inside ROMS folder, and Famicom Disk System *.fds inside FDS folder

If you change the FCEUMM core to quicknes or b.n.e.s, there no restrictions about folders, and zip work. But this cores dont support FDS

Here is the binary, and the source i change (remove the S from the zsnes name on link)

http://www.akihabara-online.com/Main/Em ... /zsnes.zip

Enjoy
Last edited by theelf on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Z.N.E.S

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

"**** i need to use dots, because some admin believe is you write zsnes without the S... you are stupid ****"
It is an automated filter, because it is almost always true. And because it is funny.

You could always spell it ZedNES, like the british.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
theelf
Rookie

Post by theelf »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:"**** i need to use dots, because some admin believe is you write zsnes without the S... you are stupid ****"
It is an automated filter, because it is almost always true. And because it is funny.

yup, sure is automatic filter, but someone make it.... I can understand the joke, but really I dont see the funny thing change people posts

Anyways, i really dont care, is just I found strange. I get surprise when I read my own post :lol:

In case change the name, i will preffer to call "ZetaNES" because im spanish...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

theelf wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:"**** i need to use dots, because some admin believe is you write zsnes without the S... you are stupid ****"

yup, sure is automatic filter, but someone make it.... I can understand the joke, but really I dont see the funny thing change people posts

Anyways, i really dont care, is just I found strange. I get surprise when I read my own post :lol:
I do not recall if I was responsible for that specific filter anymore, but I know I was responsible for a few idiot-shaming ones, and started the joke filter trend that gives zboard it's distinctive character.
And, well... 99.99% of the time, when someone types Z.NES, they mean ZSNES and just can't read. Correcting people got old, so we used the forum software's built-in filters to autocorrect it and subtly(or not so subtly) hint to people that they were misspelling the name.
(At least one person went on a huge page-long rant about how they weren't talking about a ZSNES they'd never heard of, and people needed to stop hacking their posts to say Z.NES . It was pretty great.)

My favorite filter remains "Top Gear 3000" to "a racing game that doesn't have a gun on the hood and therefore sucks"
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
theelf
Rookie

Post by theelf »

:lol: :lol: thanks for post the funny answer

I think maybe is is the "0.01%" when Z.N.E.S is correct :D in fact because i live in Japan, and i grow up with famiclones, i really want to call ZFamicom, but i realize dont make any sense :lol:

Ahh...is so great to play famicom/fds games with zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) gui... i will check if other cores work too, maybe master system :shock: :shock: :D
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

theelf wrote::lol: :lol: thanks for post the funny answer

I think maybe is is the "0.01%" when Z.N.E.S is correct :D in fact because i live in Japan, and i grow up with famiclones, i really want to call ZFamicom, but i realize dont make any sense :lol:
ZFC sounds really catchy, though.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Awesome. Now you just need to publish the source code somewhere, maybe. Unless you only built this from an existing source base. I remember such a thing existing, but I don't remember where it was published. ZSNES as a libretro frontend.
theelf
Rookie

Post by theelf »

kode54 wrote:Awesome. Now you just need to publish the source code somewhere, maybe. Unless you only built this from an existing source base. I remember such a thing existing, but I don't remember where it was published. ZSNES as a libretro frontend.

Hi, sorry, you are right, i forget to add the source changes in the download :roll: this is based in zmz (i did not change the icon or any reference, just put the funny new name)

I updated the zip, download again if u want to compile yourself (download fceum libretro+zmz sources and apply changes)

Have a nice day