Controller start button opens emulator menu

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Kinne

Controller start button opens emulator menu

Post by Kinne »

I can't find any options to turn this off. I can't pause or skip cutscenes because every time I try to, the emulator menu opens. And no, I don't have joy2key or anything else like that open. Nothing has mapped the start button to esc, because if that was the case, I could close GUI windows by pressing start (I can't). Using a logitech cordless precision ps3 controller.
kode54
Zealot

Re: Controller start button opens emulator menu

Post by kode54 »

Try the GUI keybinds dialog, it allows you to set (or unset) keys or joypad buttons to various GUI actions, including opening the GUI from the game.
Kinne

Post by Kinne »

None of them were set to start button. I posted here when I gave up trying to find the problem, and a little while later, I accidentally pressed L3, and got a keyboard. It turned out steam big picture was using controller inputs despite having neither big picture nor a steam game open. I finally found the options to change it, hidden away like you would expect from valve, and stopped big picture from using desktop inputs.
joe_devore
Regular

Post by joe_devore »

Kinne wrote: I finally found the options to change it, hidden away like you would expect from valve,
and stopped big picture from using desktop inputs.
where was the option located?
I was having a similar problem.. having trouble finding the DISABLE switch..!
(PC Specs)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO
GPU: nVidia/EVGA RTX 3070 Ti 8GB
GFX Drivers: Nvidia v551.76
RAM: 32GB, 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4

Favorite Emulators:
PS2(x64): PCSX2 (Downloads)
SNES : ZSNES
N64 : Project64

ZSNES:
v1.51 (FuSoYa's 8MB fix R2)(Compiled Myself)
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Oh! It was the Steam Big Picture pause screen, not the emulator! Oops. Feel free to share that, I can't think of the exact steps off hand, but I could probably try to hit up a search engine, now that you've mentioned what to search for.