DS4 acting weird

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

HossDelgado

DS4 acting weird

Post by HossDelgado »

So i was able to learn how to map my controller to the snes9x emulator and it worked fine but my laptop is old and for some reason the ZSNES runs so much smoother and better but when i go to map my controls they bug out i play the Donkey Kong Country games and when the game start all my buttons act as if they are start only if i press left it pases and if i press left again it un pauses and he moves like one step whenever i map a button i get example j23 j24 j22 then it gives me the same things when i get to start 80H Select 80H A button 80H i dont get this at all the other emulator worked 100% right away but this one makes me wanna throw my laptop against a wall i cant figure this out HELP LOL
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: DS4 acting weird

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

ZSNES' control mapping dialog does weird things on controllers with lots of analog axes.
Hell, it does weird things on controllers with axes that aren't self-centering, which wasn't uncommon when most of that code was written(I fought to get the throttle on my old Logitech pad perfectly centered so I could map buttons).

The DualShock 4 has accelerometer and gyroscope functions like the DS3 did, so orientation and movement is likely viewed as a set of analog axes. If you can't disable them, or get the controller perfectly level and stable(you can't, not while pressing buttons), you're gonna have to give up.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
HossDelgado

Post by HossDelgado »

its all good another concern on my system made me factory reset the laptop after i downloaded it and mapped the buttons it all worked so happy too ZSNES plays like a literal snes. quality is far better
Last edited by HossDelgado on Thu May 31, 2018 5:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
HossDelgado

Post by HossDelgado »

lol who edited my reply.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

The hell? ZSNES shouldn't be able to fuck your system up at all, much less that badly.

Without seeing the edit history, I am assuming you omitted a letter accidentally and ran afoul of the "profanity" filter that "autocorrects" Z.NES.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads