display problem in Crono Trigger

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

user222
Rookie

display problem in Crono Trigger

Post by user222 »

If you bring up the map in the world map of Crono Trigger, you'll notice the screen has mosaic effects when switching scenes.

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Post NSRT info, and please read the sticky about posting bugs.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

...How is this a bug? Isn't it obvious that the effect is supposed to be there?
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

blackmyst wrote:...How is this a bug? Isn't it obvious that the effect is supposed to be there?
I honestly don't remember if it's supposed to be there.
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Well it is, but even without checking, you can tell the mosaic effect is supposed to make the transition between the sharp world map and the blocky zoomed-out map look better.

But it is supposed to be there.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

blackmyst wrote:Well it is, but even without checking, you can tell the mosaic effect is supposed to make the transition between the sharp world map and the blocky zoomed-out map look better.

But it is supposed to be there.
Ah, I'll take your word for it then. To tell the truth, to this day I haven't fiddled around with the map.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

If you bring up the map in the world map of Crono Trigger, you'll notice the screen has mosaic effects when switching scenes.
This is normal.. if you didn't pay attention to that before... I don't see a bug.
Dmog
Lurker

Post by Dmog »

Deathlike2 wrote:
This is normal.. if you didn't pay attention to that before... I don't see a bug.
Normal or not...it shouldn't look like that. This transition look like crap. Make it look better,I don't care if you have to UOsnes the whole thing...

M8kE teh Crono l00k like teh Chrono Cr0sS on the Z.nes (btw I am the dumb)!!!

I'm not even sure the OP thought it was a bug.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm not even sure the OP thought it was a bug.
I made a specific response to him in the FF3 thread.

The thing is, I suspect he's trying to compare with the PS version of the game... thus he is possibly confused of the original (SNES) effect.

In FF3 - SNES version, the overworld screen would focus in, then out, then in again on the spot you when you trigger a battle in the overworld...

In FF3 - PS version, the screen would turn to black from left to right when you triggered a random battle in the overworld (I'm not entirely sure of the PS version, I remember only seeing it once)

Hence, this is why I believe he's questioning it...