Funky colours..

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Breadfan
Rookie

Funky colours..

Post by Breadfan »

Now this is a problem I've had since using zsnes (about a year). Whenever I add or remove triple buffering or minimize then maximise the screen, while using any filter besides interpolation, the screen display appears corrupt. This I realise, is because zsnes fails to do a full screen refresh, and it is easily removed by moving things around.
I just wanted to know if this is a known problem, what causes it and if it can be fixed. I ask because, after the image is all funky, those places that never get refreshed (such as the black borders of the game screen) remain corrupt, and are very distracting.
video mode:
1024x768 DS FULL
Though I dont think the resolution matters...
Again, all help appreciated. :wink:

(ah what the hell, I'll throw this in because I dont think it deserves its own topic and I can think of no other places to put it..
Any chance of having the rom derectory remembering the last rom loaded and autamatically returning to it in the list, whenever you re-enter the rom selector? It would make browsing a lot easier...)
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Try updating the drivers for your video card.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Breadfan
Rookie

Post by Breadfan »

My video card driver has been updated many times since I started using zsnes and it didn't seem to change anything.
I'm pretty sure that its not a video card issue, as the screen doesn't remain currupt (unless its the video cards job to refresh the screen, in which case, my mistake... -_-).
Im surprised nobody else has this problem, as I've taken it as the norm, anxiously waiting for a fix...

Heres a pic:
http://img109.echo.cx/my.php?image=image000041vf.png
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Try loading a game and then going back to the menu.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Breadfan
Rookie

Post by Breadfan »

This is where it becomes a pest. After I return to the game or load a new rom, the screen does clear, its just those areas that are not refreshed (the very top and bottom of the screen) remain funky.
They are outside of the GUI also, so I cannot mouse over the area. The only way I can continue undistracted is if I close zsnes and reload the exe.

pic:
That mess also flickers wildly.

I realise now that the outermost parts of the screen are hidden in stretched mode (somthing the new WIP patched up), so the problem is minimal. But would there be a way to prevent it completely? Provided you know what it is...
Noxious Ninja
Dark Wind

Post by Noxious Ninja »

I have the exact same problem.
[u][url=http://bash.org/?577451]#577451[/url][/u]
Kagerato
Lurker

Post by Kagerato »

Holy crap, that's some weird garbage out in space there. I get some odd, random color garbage on occasion, but nothing so organized as that. And it never flickers...it's quite static for me.

Bringing up the GUI's menu with escape and then returning to the game refreshes the whole screen, including the border area, for me.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Kagerato wrote:Bringing up the GUI's menu with escape and then returning to the game refreshes the whole screen, including the border area, for me.
Same here.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
jdratlif
Regular

Post by jdratlif »

Agozer wrote:
Kagerato wrote:Bringing up the GUI's menu with escape and then returning to the game refreshes the whole screen, including the border area, for me.
Same here.
Ditto.
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog
http://games.technoplaza.net/ - Emulation Goodies
The Sage Of Time
Hazed

Post by The Sage Of Time »

Kagerato wrote:Holy crap, that's some weird garbage out in space there. I get some odd, random color garbage on occasion, but nothing so organized as that. And it never flickers...it's quite static for me.

Bringing up the GUI's menu with escape and then returning to the game refreshes the whole screen, including the border area, for me.
Yeah, I get some garbage too whenever I minimize, just around the boarders of the screen. But what you described always seems to fix it for me as well. Though I wouldn't mind knowing the cause of this and if I can just avoid it completely.
Breadfan
Rookie

Post by Breadfan »

jdratlif wrote:
Agozer wrote:
Same here.
Ditto.
No joy here... :? .
Though I discovered that triple buffering is the guilty suspect. If I dont use triple buffering, the borders are fine. Its just the game screen that gets garbled.
jdratlif
Regular

Post by jdratlif »

Fated... wrote:
jdratlif wrote:
Agozer wrote:
Same here.
Ditto.
No joy here... :? .
Though I discovered that triple buffering is the guilty suspect. If I dont use triple buffering, the borders are fine. Its just the game screen that gets garbled.
I get border corruption whether or not I use triple buffering, but I never get game screen corruption.
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog
http://games.technoplaza.net/ - Emulation Goodies