Sound problems?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Calendros

Sound problems?

Post by Calendros »

Maybe its just me, maybe its just my computer, but I'm having sound problems with my ZSNES. The sound quality seems to be either depreciated to heck, or its gone beyond SNES quality. Long story short, I was wondering what the default settings are, or if theres a way to restore the original quality of the sound to the way the SNES is. I know its possible, because I used to be able to hear it all fine. Now it sounds like poop. (more noticeable in Chrono trigger and FFVI. ie the sound of hte wind is fudged, and the spells don't sound like spells, but rather strange noises.)
Breadfan
Rookie

Post by Breadfan »

I hope I don't step on anybodies toes answering this, but I feel its simple enough.
To restore to the default settings, just delete the config file. Zsnes will automatically generate a new one.

Thinking about it now though, I have also experienced dead and course sound, but only since I started using the new WIP. Try using the official release if that doesn't work.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

FF6, CT and most Squaresoft games use a noise generation method not correctly emulated yet.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Dead
Lurker

Post by Dead »

I don't think I have ever before seen it expressed so clearly as you just did. That should go in the FAQ, if it isn't there already.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Super Mario World is another game that has incorrect sound effects.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Yeah, let it be known that it is not just Squaresoft that does this. Sound is easily the biggest bug left in zsnes, and if solved would fix issues for hundreds of games all at once.