start with open rom dialog

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Player1
Hazed

start with open rom dialog

Post by Player1 »

I would like an option that starts zsnes with the open rom dialog because its 2 mouse clicks and a few seconds every time I start Zsnes. Does see anyone a problem with that?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Disable 'Keep Menu position' in GUI options. Then ZSNES will open with the Game menu out, cursor on 'Load'. Press 'enter' and BAM, you're in.
Or even better, if you enable 'Use Joypad 1', just open zsnes, press whatever button you use for 'A' and bam, load rom dialog.

1 keypress == 5x faster than 2 mouse clicks
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

I'm sorry to say, I cant see the 'inconvenience' of having to actually click twice to open a game. If all else fails, make a batch file for those game you want quick access to.
Player1
Hazed

Post by Player1 »

I havn't said it is inconvenient, I just think it would be slightly better and asked what other people think about it
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

There is a quick key that you can assign to open the load menu, but it only works if you already have a game loaded...Maybe someone should make this quick key work in the GUI?