PLEASE HELP problem with end of game

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

psich7

PLEASE HELP problem with end of game

Post by psich7 »

ok, so i beat tales of phantasia, earthbound, and chrono trigger, and for each game the same thing happened: it gets stuck at the last screen, when it says "the end" or whatever.

i know that for chrono trigger, at least, it should go back to the title so that i can play new game+, but nothing happens. everything works fine up until that very very last screen, when pressing the buttons does nothing.
also, i know it's not totally frozen cause the music works.

can anyone please help me?
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

I haven't beaten those games, but I would have thought that they are supposed to do that. Several SNES games, including Super Mario World, do that.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

How about you reset using L+R+Start+Select, huh.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Only CT has a New game+ from the ones you listed. Also remember to beat the Black Omen for the NG+ to appear.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

ok, so i beat tales of phantasia, earthbound, and chrono trigger, and for each game the same thing happened: it gets stuck at the last screen, when it says "the end" or whatever.

i know that for chrono trigger, at least, it should go back to the title so that i can play new game+, but nothing happens. everything works fine up until that very very last screen, when pressing the buttons does nothing.

I haven't beaten those games, but I would have thought that they are supposed to do that. Several SNES games, including Super Mario World, do that.
Super Mario World DOES NOT go back to the title when you beat the game... maybe in Mario All Stars.. but that's it..

Chrono Trigger does not go back to the title after you beat the game.. (I'm not sure what the PSX version does, but that's not the question)... you can reset in the method grinvader provided or just use the reset feature in the emulator...

It is NORMAL for games not to go back to the title screen once you have beaten it.. I'd say less than 25% do it... though the majority I have played do not go back to the title in the first place... but whatever I guess
rlbond
Hazed

Re: PLEASE HELP problem with end of game

Post by rlbond »

psich7 wrote:ok, so i beat tales of phantasia, earthbound, and chrono trigger, and for each game the same thing happened: it gets stuck at the last screen, when it says "the end" or whatever.

earthbound doesn't reset either, it just stays at "the end?"
To truly own, you must own at all games.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Deathlike2 wrote:Super Mario World DOES NOT go back to the title when you beat the game... maybe in Mario All Stars.. but that's it..
I know, that's what I said. Several SNES games do not reset, they just stay at the end screen, like SMW.
psich7

Post by psich7 »

thanks everyone. too bad my computer broke yesterday, so it doesn't matter anymore. all my data's lost. =\
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

psich7 wrote:thanks everyone. too bad my computer broke yesterday, so it doesn't matter anymore. all my data's lost. =\
...Haha.

Did the Hard Drive go?
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

IceFox wrote:I haven't beaten those games, but I would have thought that they are supposed to do that. Several SNES games, including Super Mario World, do that.
i understood that as saying that SMW DID go back. and i'm sure everyone else who reads it will assume the same.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

sweener2001 wrote:
IceFox wrote:I haven't beaten those games, but I would have thought that they are supposed to do that. Several SNES games, including Super Mario World, do that.
i understood that as saying that SMW DID go back. and i'm sure everyone else who reads it will assume the same.
You assume wrong, and I don't even see how you can understand it that way.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

this thread now has two directions. it can either

A. continue on in argument about a simple misunderstanding.

B. continue on to become a five page thread about which snes games reset to title screen after being beaten.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

A. "that" is pretty ambiguous. i first thought that "that" meant go back. pretty easy to do, even with the SMW reference, just because people make mistakes. after a re-read, though, i can see it the other way.

massive tangent:
nach: have you heard anything about MF's 100% metroid lately? i know he got engaged, but still. he's not married, yet.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

sweener2001 wrote:massive tangent:
nach: have you heard anything about MF's 100% metroid lately? i know he got engaged, but still. he's not married, yet.
Saturn has started an any% run using all the recently found tricks, and thanks to a special path claims <20 minutes is possible - just you wait for the kickass.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

sweener2001 wrote: nach: have you heard anything about MF's 100% metroid lately? i know he got engaged, but still. he's not married, yet.
He only posts on the forum there, so there's not any info I have that you can't get there.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by sweener2001 »

alrighty, then.

i only go there about once a week or so, i though there might have been some "insider" news i missed out on.

that saturn run sounds like it ought to be good, though.
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

Well, this thread has served its purpose now.