A few things I have to say (bugs)

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

rumrum
Rookie

A few things I have to say (bugs)

Post by rumrum »

On both resent versions of Zsnes (wip too) I've had these problems for a while now. I would have reported them sooner but my email doesn't seem to work...

I did a checksum on all of these so don't bug me about that. :)

One is on Mega Man X3.

The game runs fine, but some times when I run/walk with X or Zero there bodys tend to bug out. (body parts move in the wrong way) They also seem to have graphical "blips" when I use charge moves. Just to remind people, this is a C4 chip game. :P

I've try'd every known resolution, config setup, and computer (I have tested this bug and the next ones I'll mention on 4 different computers) But sadly still no sign of repair in any way. :(

Next report from me is on Super Mario RPG.

This one is not to bad of a problem, but just to mention. Some times when I talk with most NPc's in the game the text box will flash odd colors on the bottom and top of the box it self, and the screen in rare cases. Some times it makes the text box shift up and down for some weird reason. :shock:

My final tale is for Star Ocean (yea I know)

This bug is a weird sound problem I tend to have in most areas of the game. The only area is hasn't done it in is the battle song. After a fix'd time period (it seems random) the back ground music will just disapper, but the sound effects still work. :? The only way I can get the sound back is if I jump to a new area, but that thends not to work. Or I have to reset the game and load from a hard save.

So if any one has ideas on why these happen feel free to comment.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

The Super Mario RPG bug is known. The Star Ocean bug happens in the real cart too so it's normal. Can you post the ROM info for Mega Man X3?

Star Ocean bugs
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
rumrum
Rookie

Post by rumrum »

Oh I see... well I can't seen to get a rom info thing. All I get is a black screenwhen I try to run nsrt (btw i am dumb). :(

But i did mange to get the Cr3thing number or what ever it's called for the 3 games.

Mario Rpg: 1B8A0625
Star Ocean: 6BA9E08D
Mega ManX3: C504DDFD

Oh and my Checksum for Star ocean says failed on zsnes (btw i am dumb) so I guess i need a new one. :P
BLARGH!
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

That depends.

If you're soft-patching the ROM, use NSRT to get the real CRC32 of the ROM, and report back.

If it's been hardpatched, etc then most likely you need a new ROM.

You're getting a black screen when you're using NSRT is because it needs to be ran using the command prompt. Download the Frontend for it, which should be on the NSRT page.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
rumrum
Rookie

Post by rumrum »

God I'm a idoit... I have the euro copy of X3. :oops:

But here the thing any ways...

MEGAMAN X3
Company
Capcom Europe
Header
SWC
Bank
LoROM
Interleaved
No
SRAM
0 Kb
Type
C4
ROM
16 Mb
Country
Euro/Asia/Oceania
Video
PAL
ROM Speed
200ns (SlowROM)
Revision
Checksum
Good 0xF77E
CRC32
C504DDFD
MD5
E81BEDD2FC6B013538CDF4BD22FDEFF6
BLARGH!
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Set it so framerate shows at startup. Then you can't get mixed up with ntsc/pal, even if you miss the info it zsnes says at the start.
rumrum
Rookie

Post by rumrum »

Well thanks to all that help'd me out. Guess I'll try hunting for a new Mega Man X3. :(

But I'm not to sure what the FPS idea was about. All it keeps giving me was 43/50 (lowest I got) and 51/50 (highest). I didn't even try walking and it gave me those numbers. :shock:
BLARGH!
zoink
Rookie

Post by zoink »

rumrum wrote:Well thanks to all that help'd me out. Guess I'll try hunting for a new Mega Man X3. :(

But I'm not to sure what the FPS idea was about. All it keeps giving me was 43/50 (lowest I got) and 51/50 (highest). I didn't even try walking and it gave me those numbers. :shock:
pal xx/50

ntsc xx/60
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Then something seems to be taking away CPU time from ZSnes, try an Anti-Virus Scan, a Ad-ware scan, and a Spyware scan. Also, disable any unimporant/unused processes before running ZSnes (Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to bring up the task manager in 2k or XP, press CTRL+ALT+DEL in 95/98/98SE/ME.)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
rumrum
Rookie

Post by rumrum »

Ah 50 vs 60. Thank you.

Also the task manager just says I have 3%-7% of CPU useage. I run Ad-ware/spyware cleaners every day so don't think I have a CPU problem.

The computers I use the most have either Pentium 2 (500MhZ) or Pentium 4 (2.8GhZ) The one with the Pentium 2 has a graphics card also that doesn't seem to make a differince. :cry: Just better resolutiions.

EDIT: Ok I got a NTSC version and the game runs perfect. Go ahead and close this thread. :P
BLARGH!