"Square Rape"... wth?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Ok, I'm starting to lose it, I can't see where on iper's site I can actually download the WIP.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

How about you click on the 'Current WIPs' link?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
CyberBotX
Lurker

Post by CyberBotX »

Well, he also has to click on ZSNES on the menu before it'll show Current WIPs. And the WIPs show up on the right side of the page.
[url=http://www.cyberbotx.com/]SNES Sprite Animations[/url], made by an Insane Killer Robot.
I'm a computer programmer (in C++) and a future game designer.
AspiringSquire
Born to Rule... Impatiently

Post by AspiringSquire »

FireKnight wrote:Bah maybe the sound is better in the latest WIP or something, it's been forever since I used one of those. ... To the google mobile!
I recall, from reading on this board, that v1.337 and v1.35 were the last versions of ZSNES in which the touchy Chrono Trigger sounds were still - aurally tolerable/kind to one's ears/closer to how it should sound. Both of those old releases are available for download on ZSNES's Sourceforge project page.
[url=http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3298][color=brown]My [u]NES palette[/u][/color][/url] - better colors with any emulator.

"the more you know, and the more you can do... the more you are."
- [url=http://www.danielbohman.com][color=brown][u]daniel bohman[/u][/color][/url]
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Oddly enough the latest WIP somewhat helps for some reason... a third of the time. Sometimes the sound is fine, sometimes it isn't... in the exact same situation. As in the same song at the same place with the same everything. Though as I said it seems to be like that 1/3rd of the time or less. Bah, maybe I should turn down the sound frequency from 48KHz to something else.
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

snkcube wrote:
Megabyte wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:
SquareHead wrote:
grinvader wrote:
FireKnight wrote:Yes but I think it's safe to say this one hack is quite important.
No hack is important. Ever. Period.
Which is exactly why my response was "No. Never.".
Yeah, you're right.
The Truth.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Ok was playing the newest freshly compiled WIP and Chrono Trigger, and the Square Rape is not that damned bad. I remember way back when the pidgeons\seagulls or whatever the hell they were sounded like they were being raped slowly and painfully, now that was funny.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

SquareHead wrote:the pidgeons\seagulls or whatever the hell they were sounded like they were being raped slowly and painfully, now that was funny.
Sounds like first-hand experience.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:
SquareHead wrote:the pidgeons\seagulls or whatever the hell they were sounded like they were being raped slowly and painfully, now that was funny.
:lol:
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

A side note: Shut the fuck up with your "the truth" shit, we saw the quote the first 100 times we don't need it quoted again for idiocy. I hate it when people say that.

As for the seagulls, yes as I said it's not as bad as it used to be. But so far from what I've seen there is still 80%+ of the old sound problems left.
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

grinvader wrote:
:twisted: You and your kittens, me and my pidgeons.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Fire Knight:

THE TRUTH.

8)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
themewin
Lack of Imagination

Post by themewin »

FUCK YOU GUYS

imma use my ignore script :0
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

this is the second time the ignore script has been discussed

Where did you get it
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
themewin
Lack of Imagination

Post by themewin »

Oh don't you remember ReRuss' ignore script? :twisted:
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

adventure_of_link wrote:this is the second time the ignore script has been discussed

Where did you get it
If you manage to run and use Club-Z you will get it as a download bonus. Courtesy of our awesome friend ReRuss.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

And we know how good the installer is.. :lol:

Guess I won't be downloading that, it's not worth it
NSRT here.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by SquareHead »

Anyway, WIP = Work In Progress, meaning it will happen if and when it happens.
Zenthik

Post by Zenthik »

grinvader wrote:
FireKnight wrote:Yes but I think it's safe to say this one hack is quite important.
Okay, #s 2 and 3 of that guy's "why hacks are bad" list make sense, but this kind of attitude and the "unclean" code thing make you look like the Mohammedans of the emulation world.

That is to say, basing your decisions on faith rather than any good reason.

I should add that deliberately removing a hack for a game or series of games that you don't know how to/don't give a shit enough to make work properly without them is fucking sloppy as all hell.
Truth Unknown
Regular

Post by Truth Unknown »

Zenthik wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Okay, #s 2 and 3 of that guy's "why hacks are bad" list make sense, but this kind of attitude and the "unclean" code thing make you look like the Mohammedans of the emulation world.

That is to say, basing your decisions on faith rather than any good reason.

I should add that deliberately removing a hack for a game or series of games that you don't know how to/don't give a shit enough to make work properly without them is fucking sloppy as all hell.
If they add them, it makes them look lazy.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Learn the difference between removing a hack and fixing things that happen to render a hack ineffective.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by SquareHead »

Ok I think we should all see there will be NO RESOLUTION to this. There will always be 2 sides to every argument, and no one will change what the other believes to be true. The devs will do as they please as it is their work. The beauty is that zsnes is open source, you have the power to change the code to your whims. If I had a lock, this thread would would be sealed.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Naw... it should be kept open for any updates about it in the future instead of starting a new thread then.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »