connecting with a router

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

mixah

connecting with a router

Post by mixah »

i can't seem to connect... can't find UDP, can't connect to host with TCP

please help

thanks
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Did you read the Port Forwarding sticky ? What's your connections ? What router do you guys use ? What's your system specs on both machines ?

Give us more details, kthx.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Please read the guide. After you read the guide, ask an especific question regarding it.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
mixah

Post by mixah »

na, i'm talkign about this..
i'm on a router... my friend's in another state... we usually are able to connect, but i can't with a router... and the new setup at school, we can't use the modem without a router, so i'm screwed.

i can't connect UDP because it wont detect it or something like that.. i can't connect with TCP/IP because of whatever reason...

thanks
ThunderClaw
I know where you live.

Post by ThunderClaw »

adventure_of_link wrote:Did you read the Port Forwarding sticky ? What's your connections ? What router do you guys use ? What's your system specs on both machines ?

adventure_of_link wrote:Did you read the Port Forwarding sticky ? What's your connections ? What router do you guys use ? What's your system specs on both machines ?

Since you apparantly missed it the first time, please please please answer the questions here.
FireKnight:I'm pretty sure a 1KG 24k gold brick costs less than that.

phonymike: well the same amount of raw metals used in a car costs a fraction of the price of a new car idiot. I'm gonna take away your posting privileges and replace them with my balls on your chin.

I smell spray paint.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

If you're at school, you probably won't get it to work. Chances are, your school wont forward the proper ports so you can play a game.
mixah

Post by mixah »

ok, i got as far as where im' suppossed to put the game and whatnot in