Mouse over Netplay and Mario Paint online

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

gisqfwbjtq

Mouse over Netplay and Mario Paint online

Post by gisqfwbjtq »

Hello all. A friend and myself are attempting to get Zsnes version 1.42 to use mouse support while online. We were planning on messing around with mario paint, but we can't seem to get the mouse support to work.

The "7" key does nothing. Choosing the mouse in port 1 or 2 does nothing. It works in single player, but the moment we get online, it won't respond at all and none of our settings get saved. The moment we hit escape to go back to the game, no add-on is selected and we can't hit "7" to choose one.

Is it possible at all to get the mouse working for netplay? If so, please help.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

There is a hacked version of the ROM image that lets you use the gamepad to control the mouse cursor...does this help?
gisqfwbjtq

Post by gisqfwbjtq »

That might be good. Too bad I don't download illegal rom files :( :( :(

Anyway, are you sure there's no way to get mouse or superscope over netplay?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Try reading the documentation that comes with ZSNES. But I don't think there is a way to enable mouse or Super Scope support online.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Ichinisan wrote:There is a hacked version of the ROM image that lets you use the gamepad to control the mouse cursor...does this help?
gisqfwbjtq wrote:That might be good. Too bad I don't download illegal rom files :( :( :(
Ichinisan: You could create an IPS file.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

gisqfwbjtq wrote:That might be good. Too bad I don't download illegal rom files :( :( :(
And how is the unaltered rom of Mario Paint any less illegal?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Maybe he has a dumper.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Johan_Hanberg wrote:Maybe he has a dumper.
Yeah, maybe.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
gisqfwbjtq

Post by gisqfwbjtq »

Yeah, I have a dumpster. I live in it behind starbucks, that's how I get wireless internet on my laptop. I have to sleep in the street on thursday mornings, because that's when they take out the trash.
-_pentium5.1_-
Lurker

Post by -_pentium5.1_- »

gisqfwbjtq wrote:Yeah, I have a dumpster. I live in it behind starbucks, that's how I get wireless internet on my laptop. I have to sleep in the street on thursday mornings, because that's when they take out the trash.
No, dumper, as in "copier" or "backup device." (Sorry, I know you're probably joking...)
This signature intentionally contains no text other than this sentence.