What Games Have Kept You Guys Busy?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

crackdown

good mindless fun
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
indignation
Hazed

Post by indignation »

Go with either Tidus' or Auron's grid. Kimahri has a lot of choices, so just choose one.[/quote]I went with Auron's. Currently I'm in Tidus' :P So, good call.
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Feh.
Chrono Cross is grossly under-rated.
Yeah. I'm going to play it again after I beat FF X. My problem is that I only played it once.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Shadow Hearts: From the New World

It's straight out of whack.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

"Immaterial and Missing Power" is a fun little 2D fighting game for the PC I'm playing. It looks like a SNES game which should take up 2MBs but it's 1.24GBs installed. Try it if you don't mind the storyline being in moonspeak and facing off against enemies with SNK boss syndrome.

Bad part is that it's options are in moonspeak too, I don't know if it has any filter options and it seems to ignore my universal video settings.

Would anyone happen to know a program that can force filters such as 2xSaI?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Agozer wrote:Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Fuck yeah, got here in barely 2 years ! Gotta celebrate. Or something.
<goes to buy>
It looks like a SNES game which should take up 2MBs
Have fun trying to pull that. OMG I CAN SEE PIXELS IT MUST BE FEASIBLE IN SNES !
Geeze, the card patterns alone are more than 2MB.
SNK boss syndrome.
Nothing to do with SNK. Of course if that's the first touhou game you've ever played, you lack all the background knowledge, have no clue who is what and what the hell happens, and can only spit random guesses. You're only 7 games late, after all.
Anyway, If you liked suimusou, go grab hisouten once it's released. It's the same genre and made by the same people [i.e. TasoFro+ZUN].

Also... ignorance is nice and all, except not..
</goes back to spanking cute Kappa bosses in fuujinroku lunatic>
(geeze, ain't she the friggin cutest kappa ever)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

grinvader wrote:
Agozer wrote:Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Fuck yeah, got here in barely 2 years ! Gotta celebrate. Or something.
<goes to buy>
Yeah, took Ghostlight long enough. Fuck.

The revamped battle system makes more sense now and you actually have to plan your attacks before hand. Boss Double Attacks are brutal.

Frank FTW. (Don't worry, I hit you with the blunt side)
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
indignation
Hazed

Post by indignation »

I finally beat Tetris Attack, by which I mean I completed it on Extra Hard without using any continues (no save states, obviously). That took me a long time.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

grinvader wrote:
It looks like a SNES game which should take up 2MBs
Have fun trying to pull that. OMG I CAN SEE PIXELS IT MUST BE FEASIBLE IN SNES !
Geeze, the card patterns alone are more than 2MB.
SNK boss syndrome.
Nothing to do with SNK. Of course if that's the first touhou game you've ever played, you lack all the background knowledge, have no clue who is what and what the hell happens, and can only spit random guesses. You're only 7 games late, after all.
Anyway, If you liked suimusou, go grab hisouten once it's released. It's the same genre and made by the same people [i.e. TasoFro+ZUN].

Also... ignorance is nice and all, except not..
</goes back to spanking cute Kappa bosses in fuujinroku lunatic>
(geeze, ain't she the friggin cutest kappa ever)
Ya about the 2MB thing, that's called exaggeration... thanks for the link, though I still hope there is something to filter the game. As for the SNK boss syndrome I know it has nothing to do with that, that's just a phrase used for insanely hard to beat bosses do instant death shit out of nowhere. As you guessed this is the first game of the series I've played, maybe I should stop being stubborn and turn down the difficulty?... naw.

Though the text being in jap gets on my nerves considering it's extremely clear so I thought I could just find a list of hiragana/katakana and use a translation tool... but things such as google translations fail hard.

That and a bunch of it is probably in kanji. And to top it all off there are characters which don't seem to be kanji (or are they?) such as フ (hu?) which is not listed in wiki under anything except romanji and even then it uses a different character to represent it.

When google actually manages to translate something it does a crappy direct translation, for example that line in your sig translates in google to: "Everyone saying nothing, the pursuit lever it is in we!!"

Man, there has to be an better way to translate it that doesn't involve learning the language -_-'...

And if you're ever up for some online matches PM me.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Cyrus wrote:maybe I should stop being stubborn and turn down the difficulty?... naw.
Unlike most recent games, the Easy mode(s) have a clear purpose in this series.
And that's not to make them easy. It just makes you die slowly enough for you to actually see what kills you.
And to top it all off there are characters which don't seem to be kanji (or are they?) such as フ (hu?) which is not listed in wiki under anything except romanji and even then it uses a different character to represent it.
You can't write long japanese rants with only kanjis. Most particles, several words among things use kanas. That's part of the language. [note: yes, this katakana is 'hu', also used to translitterate 'f' sounds as a whole.]
And if you're ever up for some online matches PM me.
Nah, I'm not fond of this one. 1P danmaku all the way.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

I meant that even though wiki didn't list it under hiragana or katakana it appears it's not kanji either which you just confirmed. The reason I didn't spot it in the katakana list is because I was looking for hu and not fu.

As far as the game goes, the only part that seems insanely hard is the story mode. Playing under lunatic difficultly doesn't seem all that hard in arcade mode.
EmulationOwns
Rookie

Post by EmulationOwns »

GAMES THAT TOOK ME AWHILE TO COMPLETE:
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS)
Final Fantasy Tacticts Advance (GBA)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES) - Short Game but Levels were incredibly challenging to figure out.
Arc the Lad 3 (PS2)

That's all i can help with. :?
FINISH HIM LIU KANG!! Super Smash Bros. Brawl in November!!
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

I beat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney a few days ago. I have to say it's a very fun game that DS owners should try. Plus, it has lots of funny jokes in it.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

hotel dusk: room 215

amazing story, good read
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike + Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

CPS-3 is great.
Last edited by Agozer on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Been playing a lot of street fighter alpha 2 for the super nintendo, that game i s fun offline and online. I can't use dhalism though, I suck playing as him.