Regen for Linux and Windows

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

I just quickly looked at the sources. The core implementation is in nall/ups.hpp...right? It seems I just need to provide some crc functions. I haven't looked in detail so I might have missed some other stuff.

stay safe,

AamirM
byuu

Post by byuu »

Yes, the algorithm is entirely in nall/ups.hpp.

The rest of the files in nall/ just add some simplicity, such as an MSVC stdint.h wrapper and such.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Do you have any program(s) to test if one's implementation of UPS is working correctly?

stay safe,

AamirM
Dr. Claw

Post by Dr. Claw »

Question about the redefine keys dialog in v0.85 --

is it supposed to move that quickly between keys? I don't even have enough time to redefine the keys as the dialog goes by too quickly.

Here are my computer's specs for reference:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ (Windsor)
2GB RAM
Windows XP

I am using the P3/AthlonXP version of Regen.

Please help, because I can not redefine keys in this app.
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

Sometimes it auto pick a key on first button setup. Seem weird. Same thing happen on pSX as well.
Last edited by Dullaron on Sun May 11, 2008 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Working fine here. What do you exactly mean by "moving quickly"?

stay safe,

AamirM
Dr. Claw

Post by Dr. Claw »

When I try to set up my controller for use with this emulator, I do the following:

Go to System > Redefine Keys from the Menu Bar.

The Configure Controllers window appears.

Then, in the Port 1 section, I select 6 Button Pad, and the name of my USB controller (auto-detected by Regen) in the drop downs.

When I click "Define", "INPUT KEY FOR (name of Button Here)" appears in rapid succession, not giving me enough time to press the button on my controller that corresponds to the desired key.

It does the same thing if I try redefine the keyboard settings.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Disconnect your USB controller and then try to redefine the key using keyboard and see if it works.

stay safe,

AamirM
Dr. Claw

Post by Dr. Claw »

Now it works just fine.
Perhaps there's a problem with the use of USB controllers? It detects the controller fine, but the aforementioned just happenens anytime I try to reset the keys for the USB controller.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Does your controller have a joystick? If so, is the joystick centred? Might be a deadzone problem...
I bring the trouble.
byuu

Post by byuu »

AamirM wrote:Do you have any program(s) to test if one's implementation of UPS is working correctly?
I don't, but Nach has some tests, I'll check with him.
Thristian
Hazed

Post by Thristian »

AamirM wrote:Do you have any program(s) to test if one's implementation of UPS is working correctly?
As far as I can tell, if you can apply the Der Langrisser patch to the Der Langrisser ROM and create a file with a correct CRC32, then re-apply the patch to the patched ROM and get back a bit-perfect copy of the original, that should be good enough.

There's a bunch of corner-cases that aren't tested with that approach (one that bugged me was whether or not patch-hunks were allowed to cross the end of the shorter file), but in the absence of an official test suite you can't do much better.
byuu

Post by byuu »

You always "read" 0x00s past the end of the shorter file, so if the last byte of the shorter file is different from the longer file, and the first byte of the longer file is not 0x00, then yes, a patch block can continue past the end of the shorter file.
Dr. Claw

Post by Dr. Claw »

DancemasterGlenn wrote:Does your controller have a joystick? If so, is the joystick centred? Might be a deadzone problem...
The USB controller is much like a console's gamepad (it's a Saitek P220).
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

That didn't answer my question, but googling what you did give me shows that it does not have a joystick.
I bring the trouble.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

However, it does have a throttle control.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Dr. Claw wrote:Now it works just fine.
Perhaps there's a problem with the use of USB controllers? It detects the controller fine, but the aforementioned just happenens anytime I try to reset the keys for the USB controller.
It seems your controller is constantly giving some input. But, since I don't have any gamepad/controller myself I cannot test the code ery well and it may ave some bugs.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

AamirM wrote:
It seems your controller is constantly giving some input. But, since I don't have any gamepad/controller myself I cannot test the code ery well and it may ave some bugs.
My guess is that you need to implement some form of joystick sensitivity option/slider so this doesn't occur.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

AamirM wrote:
You forgot to say "Stay Safe" lol. The emulator is working good so far except that it don't ha support for it's peripherals like Sega CD.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Yeah, I can't believe how well and accurate Regen is considering how new it is!
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

Dude, somebody with an old gamepad send AamirM it, and maybe he can fix/test this stuff. :)
[url=http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega]Kega Fusion Supporter[/url] | [url=http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/]bsnes Supporter[/url] | [url=http://aamirm.hacking-cult.org/]Regen Supporter[/url]
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Yeah, I can't believe how well and accurate Regen is considering how new it is!
He'd probably been working on it years before releasing it to the public.
psxauthor said he'd been working on pSX for about five years before he released it.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Franky wrote:
neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Yeah, I can't believe how well and accurate Regen is considering how new it is!
He'd probably been working on it years before releasing it to the public.
psxauthor said he'd been working on pSX for about five years before he released it.
Hi,

I wrote it in three months before releasing the first version (0.2). The first version wasn't very accurate. The accuracy I've reached is because you all people gave bug reprots. Before that, I worked on my Nugen emulator which was a failure. I am hoping to rewrite it some day.

stay safe,

AamirM
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

AamirM wrote:reprots
Quick, buff the tank !
</MORPG>
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

AamirM that website looking great.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT