ActRaiser 2 Freezes at Level Selection

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

heraymo wrote:forget it it didnt work i give up
Did you do it right?
Trying to edit zsnesw.cfg,...

; Percent to Execute [50 .. 150]

Execute = 99
Or start ZSNES with the -p 99 switch.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
heraymo

Post by heraymo »

finally got it to work but just want to know what is the -p 99 switch out of curiosity. and how does it work
CyberBotX
Lurker

Post by CyberBotX »

The -p switch takes an argument, which is percent to execute, exactly like editing zsnes (btw i am dumb).cfg to do the same, only instead of setting it in the config file, you run ZSNES with it so it only affects ZSNES until you close it.
[url=http://www.cyberbotx.com/]SNES Sprite Animations[/url], made by an Insane Killer Robot.
I'm a computer programmer (in C++) and a future game designer.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Try 70% if 99% doesn't work.
Nightcrawler wrote:The percentage of execution has to do with the timing of the CPU.

Setting it to 70% makes the main CPU run at 70% speed and setting it to 150% makes it run at 150% it's normal speed.

Why would you want to do this you ask? Because ZSNES does not 100% correct timing speed. Changing the percentage of execution adjusts the speed to a point where certain games will work correctly. It is just a fix for timing bugs.

You should try experimenting with various settings. You can try 72%, 80%, 90%, 110% etc.. You may get lucky and find one that crashes less often or fixes the problem altogether.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list