Linux question [NOT A BUG]

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Lord Alpha
Lurker

Linux question [NOT A BUG]

Post by Lord Alpha »

I just tried to compile zsnes and I got a bunch of console output about warnings.

None of this is really affects zsnes but I would very much like to know what's causing it.

I'm not sure, but I think this stuff just started coming up since I installed Slackware 10

Here's the output (all of it just before ./configure is run by ./autogen.sh)
Generating build information using aclocal and autoconf...
acinclude.m4:10: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_ZLIB
run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/auto ... %20aclocal
acinclude.m4:121: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBPNG
/usr/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of XMMS_TEST_VERSION
/usr/share/aclocal/xmms.m4:62: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_XMMS
/usr/share/aclocal/vorbis.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_VORBIS
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
/usr/share/aclocal/pilot-link.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of AC_PILOT_LINK_HOOK
/usr/share/aclocal/ogg.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_OGG
/usr/share/aclocal/nspr.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_NSPR
/usr/share/aclocal/linc.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LINC
/usr/share/aclocal/libmikmod.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMIKMOD
/usr/share/aclocal/libOggFLAC.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBOGGFLAC
/usr/share/aclocal/libOggFLAC++.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBOGGFLACPP
/usr/share/aclocal/libIDL.m4:6: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBIDL
/usr/share/aclocal/libFLAC.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBFLAC
/usr/share/aclocal/libFLAC++.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBFLACPP
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:167: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK
/usr/share/aclocal/gnet-2.0.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GNET_2_0
/usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/gdk-pixbuf.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF
/usr/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
/usr/share/aclocal/ao.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_AO
/usr/share/aclocal/ac_find_motif.m4:21: warning: underquoted definition of AC_FIND_MOTIF
/usr/share/aclocal/ac_find_motif.m4:223: warning: underquoted definition of AC_FIND_LIBXP
/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AALIB
/usr/share/aclocal/ORBit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_ORBIT
Sorry for the long post, any help appriciated
amd

Post by amd »

This isn't a big deal... It just means that latest versions of automake are getting more pedantic about the scripts syntaxes... The zsnes is fine, the problem relies in these libraries which haven't had their automake scripts update to satisfy latest automake...