Found client, but nothing else?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Trunkz Jr

Found client, but nothing else?

Post by Trunkz Jr »

Okay when I host, the person joins, and says Found Client, but then nothing more. It should go to that little chat thing but it doesn't. Snes9x or whatever works just fine [but the game crashs at the beggining for some reason with that emulator x_X]

Why would it let us connect for that Emulator but not Zsnes?
Last edited by Trunkz Jr on Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

A firewall is involved. Make sure it is properly configured and/or disabled for both players.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Trunkz Jr

Post by Trunkz Jr »

We both disabled our firewalls. Why does it work tho for Snes9x so easily, she just copy and pastes my IP in and then shes connected.

Also, is the problem on my side or hers? She doesn't get the Found Client when I try to connect to her, when she connects to me, i see it but its still a no go.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

What version of ZSNES?
Need a new sig...
Trunkz Jr

Post by Trunkz Jr »

Any version. Funny thing is, i connected to her sister who is in the same house but different laptop. She doesn't have anything like Norton or anything else, and Windows Firewall was off.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

It could be a a configuration problem with a router on the remote side that both computers are behind.

If DMZ or port forwarding was configured to forward to a specific local IP, it is likely that the local IP addresses have changed and now the other computer is assigned the IP that is set up in the router for DMZ/port forwarding. Double-check her local IPs (192.168.x.x) and update the DMZ or port forwarding settings in her router and you're good.

Because most consumer routers rotate IP assignments when they expire, DMZ and port fowarding are impossible to set up permanently unless the local computers are specifying IP addresses manually that do not conflict with the DHCP range of the router. Most routers start handing out IPs at 192.168.x.100. I usually manually configure IPs on my local computers 192.168.x.10, 192.168.x.11, 192.168.x.12, etc. Machines on which I am not hosting any sort of service, I usually leave configured to obtain an IP automatically (DHCP).
Need a new sig...