Just a random congrats to the zsnes team.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ParkerLewis

Just a random congrats to the zsnes team.

Post by ParkerLewis »

Hi,

first of all, i don't really why i'm saying this now, because i've already felt that way about zsnes for a long time now.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the members or ex-members of the Zsnes team for this wonderful program they made.

To me, Zsnes is the best emulator in the world. And I'm not meaning like "the best snes emulator", I'm talking any platform-wise. Why ?

-It's light.
-It's simple to use (no juggling with tons of different possible configurations, each game needing its very own or so. take that, epsxe !).
-It emulates the machine, dare I say perfectly ? At least perfectly enough that i've personnally never encountered ANY glitch in ANY game I played it with (and that's quite a bit of games).
-It comes with complete and perfect support of pads, mouse, or any kind of joystick.
-It is even able to enhance graphics !
-It comes with almost every extra nice little feature possible : save states, video recording, action replay support.

Seriously, thanks for this wonderful program. It just sets the bar for any emulator out there - or even just any existing program. I can't think of a single detail that would make it incomplete. In the real world, you laways end up having to choose between two (or more) unperfect solutions (and it's especially true in the emulator world ; you often have to choose between say simplicity and/or stability and graphic improvements). Zsnes just makes no compromises. It just scores perfect on every meter possible.

I've actually started to use the expression "approaching zsnes-status" when I want to talk about a program that's close to be as perfect in its own field.

Sorry for the rather 'useless' post, I just felt the sudden urge to tell you guys how great your work has been over the years, and how it can be great to see that there are other people who are perfectionists and are willing to make the efforts needed for their creation to be as flawless and complete as possible.