REPOST Errors when compiling in 64-bit Feisty (Ubuntu 7.04)

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

REPOST Errors when compiling in 64-bit Feisty (Ubuntu 7.04)

Post by Joe Camacho »

SORRY, But I deleted this post, for some stupid reason, I was able to rescue it, my apologies to the original poster.

NFITC1 ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS

I've been posting before about not getting OpenGL to work and I realized my problem was that I was using Mesa and not the actual accelerating drivers. So now my system reports that it's using ati's drivers and that OpenGL should work on 2D and 3D apps. I thought that would solve the problem but it did not. So I wonder if it might be some of these other errors that I'm getting:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpthread.so when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpthread.a when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpthread.so when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpthread.a when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libncurses.so when searching for -lncurses
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libncurses.a when searching for -lncurses
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libncurses.so when searching for -lncurses
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libncurses.a when searching for -lncurses
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../lib32/libncurses.so when searching for -lncurses
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libGL.so when searching for -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc

The libm is the math libraries and I've installed them all for this distro. I'm not sure what the lc is or why lGL, lpthread, and lncurses are giving errors even though the config tells me that they're all there. What am I missing?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Need 32 bit libraries installed.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by NFITC1 »

I tried that, it didn't work.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Try harder, it does work.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by funkyass »

make a 32-bit chroot and be done with it.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
NFITC1
Rookie

Post by NFITC1 »

Nach wrote:Try harder, it does work.
Not helpful suggestion notwithstanding, I figured out why I got those errors. My 32-bit packages are installed in a different dir from the 64-bit. So I had to change the two -L/usr/lib switches in the final statement of the Makefile to -L/usr/lib32 and all the errors went away. I'm still having the "can't open GL mode" error while running zsnes. I tried with both the ATI drivers and the Open Source ones. No go.
The Point: I'm still not sure what's wrong or what I could do to fix it.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

NFITC1 wrote:
Nach wrote:Try harder, it does work.
Not helpful suggestion notwithstanding, I figured out why I got those errors. My 32-bit packages are installed in a different dir from the 64-bit. So I had to change the two -L/usr/lib switches in the final statement of the Makefile to -L/usr/lib32 and all the errors went away.
Meaning you didn't finish installing them.
Add all your DLL paths to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig. If you don't do that you'll have to specify where they're located.

Your current lack of OGL is a similar problem, you either lack the 32 bit libraries on your machine, or they aren't installed properly, i.e. you lack the paths in your search for libraries file.

Post by NFITC1 »

Meaning you didn't finish installing them.
Add all your DLL paths to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig. If you don't do that you'll have to specify where they're located.

Your current lack of OGL is a similar problem, you either lack the 32 bit libraries on your machine, or they aren't installed properly, i.e. you lack the paths in your search for libraries file.
Unfortunately, this didn't work either. Even the copy that compiled without errors didn't work the way I wanted it to. As far as I can tell, only ZSNES has this problem with the OpenGL and that's its only problem. The 32-bit libraries are installed or it would have given me errors during compiling about not being compatible. Is there any other conf file that says where to look for the OGL libs?
NFITC1
Rookie

Post by NFITC1 »

SOLVED!

It just occured to me a while ago that when I first installed libSDL my 3D OGL modes weren't installed (no direct rendering). So I rebuild and reinstalled SDL so it would see that OpenGL is installed and ZSNES works the way it should! No more squinting at a tiny 512x448 screen again! :D