Bad FPS in Mario Hack

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

CtrlAltDel

Bad FPS in Mario Hack

Post by CtrlAltDel »

Whenever i go to play the Super Demo World: TLC hack, the fps drops really low in certain places. Would this be a resolution problem or should I be trying to play the game on another snes emulator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Don't try to fix what isn't broken.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by badinsults »

Come on, it is Super Mario World. Whenever there was too much going on in the game, there was slowdown. The hack does not fix this. Blame the slow snes processor if you must.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

badinsults wrote:Come on, it is Super Mario World. Whenever there was too much going on in the game, there was slowdown. The hack does not fix this. Blame the slow snes processor if you must.
I must.
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

I remember that hack slows down in ZSNES when there's snow falling, or when transparency is massively used (crystal cave)...
I've been told that wouldn't happen on a real console, though.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Mmmh... transparency shouldn't be a problem for the hardware, only manipulating too many objects at once.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list