Can I use mouse to control?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

OnTheEdge

Can I use mouse to control?

Post by OnTheEdge »

So I've been playing shooters on ZSNES... and also trying to figure out if you can use the mouse for the controller so that moving the mouse moves the cursor and clicking shoots/reloads... Is this possible??
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

have you tried messing the emulator at all? that whole menu bar evade your view?

the answer is a resounding yes, while I'm here.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/html/gui.htm

The documentation exists for a reason.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Can I use mouse to control?

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

OnTheEdge wrote:So I've been playing shooters on ZSNES... and also trying to figure out if you can use the mouse for the controller so that moving the mouse moves the cursor and clicking shoots/reloads... Is this possible??
I assume you mean FIRST-PERSON shooters, since the mouse would suck for scrolling shooters.

Despite the highly enthusiastic yes'es you've gotten, I'm gonna give a very conditional "maybe."
It depends ENTIRELY on if the game supports the mouse.
So while you could use it on, say, Jurassic Park(mouse in port 2, and grab it when you enter a building), you couldn't on, say, Wolfenstein 3D(no mouse support.).
smkdan
Hazed

Post by smkdan »

Wolfenstein 3D does have mouse support (mouse port two). Right click fires and left click / mouse move makes you walk.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

smkdan wrote:Wolfenstein 3D does have mouse support (mouse port two). Right click fires and left click / mouse move makes you walk.
Well color me stupid.

I thought it predated Mario Paint.