Can I bind quicksave and quickload to my gamepad?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

jikko

Can I bind quicksave and quickload to my gamepad?

Post by jikko »

Hello fellow Snes gamers. I am a modern video gamer and are therefore way too lazy to start all over when I'm dead - so I quicksave. A lot. But nowdays I have my computer linked to my telly so I mostly play sitting in my comfy sofa instead of infront of the computer which - sadly - present a problem when it comes to saving and loading states since the telly and the computer are in diffent corners of my rather big single room flat...

So, is it possible to bind two of my gamepad (ps2 Dualshock with USB converter) buttons to saving and loading states?

Thanks in advance!
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

IIRC, yes if you are able to bind an available button to your controller.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Yes.

EDIT: Wait, I'm confused. Did you even TRY doing this before you came on the forum to ask? Honestly. If you're looking for the place where you can ASSIGN these values, it's in the config tab under SAVES.

You're welcome.
Rydian
Lurker

Post by Rydian »

Hell, I think I did it for rewind when a friend of mine was playing super mario world. He sucked that bad.

But god it was fun watching him play.
Athlon XP 2800+
765MB DDR-333
AGP Geforce 6200

Took me, what, a year to update this info?
And meh, screw legs.
Oh... puns. I get it. Shame on me.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Rydian wrote:Hell, I think I did it for rewind when a friend of mine was playing super mario world. He sucked that bad.

But god it was fun watching him play.
I did it for fast-forward.

Even when state-whoring RType 3(out of sheer unbridled hatred of irem), I used the keyboard.
Yes, it got quite exciting when reloading saves.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

I use a playstation controller so I just map forward and back to R2 and L2. Really nice, but the rewind can go beserk if you hold it down and rewind the whole way.

Its cheating to the maxx so sometimes I unmap it.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

kevman wrote:I use a playstation controller so I just map forward and back to R2 and L2. Really nice, but the rewind can go beserk if you hold it down and rewind the whole way.

Its cheating to the maxx so sometimes I unmap it.
I had a similar button count. Saturn-style 6/2 instead of a Sony 4/4 layout, but same deal.