Configurable scanlines ?

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

geoslake
Rookie

Configurable scanlines ?

Post by geoslake »

Hi

I play often on Nestopia at the moment, and I've noticed that screen with bilinear filter and scanlines (I set them to 30%, I guess it's their intensity or brightness ?) looks, to me, much better than either Zsnes or Snes9x.
I don't know if it has to do with scanlines themselves or the bilinear filter efficiency or something.
To me, Nestopia looks almost like if there were an eagle filter or something, look at the images below, especailly title screen for both emu (letters).

Anyway, would it be possible to implement something similar, where we would be able to really configure scanlines, and not only having the choice between 25, 50%....

Comparison :
Nestopia :

Zsnes

thanks
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

At one point, I got the SDL OpenGL code to be a lot more flexible for scanlines, but that port was not designed for Windows at all.

Don't expect it to be done anytime soon though, it isn't a priority at the moment.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
geoslake
Rookie

Post by geoslake »

ok :(
thanks anyway