How retarded is Disgaea 2?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

How retarded is Disgaea 2?

Post by franpa »

Please discuss things you liked/disliked about "Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories" on the Playstation 2.

1) retardid graphics, the grass patches and the swirly grass does NOT go together that well, most grapchis is blurred and horrible to look at. Most animations contain less frames and look choppy and horrible. Most special Fx are replaced with sprite based Fx and are horrible. Omega spells use horrible art work.

The warning at the start about sitting in a "well lit room" is a good warning for the painful graphics you will encounter throughout the game.

2) All/most sound Fx do NOT sound appropriate for the action it is for... all sound Fx from the original game are gone and replaced with shit.

You still can't adjust the volume of battle sounds and all the volume controlls are not balanced with each other, so setting them all halfway will make the music inaudible, battle sounds loud, cut scenes quiet etc.

Voice Acting is slightly better then capcom and there megaman x7 and x8 games (worse then Disgaea 1 though).

Music is boring and out of place.

3) story line is somewhat lame and dull and very bizarre.

4) levels are poorly designed and very boring to play.

5*) Battle mechanics have improved a little over the previous game. (this isn't exactly a 'bad' thing, but it is the only good thing.)

6) they changed the name of most items/weapons for the sake of change.

7) they simplified the dark assembly.

8 ) they retardified the interface and made it harder to work with instead of just adding some new elements to the original one like, your mana and increasing the size of some boxes.

mmmm, im sure theres some stuff that i haven't mentioned yet.... I think they just got like 5 different dead side projects and combined them. I have played up to chapter 11 so far....
Last edited by franpa on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

You don't like it ? Stop playing it. Whine more and I kill this thread.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

And this thread is here...why??
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Because he thinks that this is a gaming forum like Capcom,Konami, NamcoBandai, RPGamer or Gamefaqs.
Last edited by Neo Kaiser on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Uh-huh..right. This ain't the right place, that's for sure.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Take your hate to GameFAQs.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Re: How retarded is Disgaea 2?

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

franpa wrote:blah blah retardid blah blah
...okay

and is this forum not called "gaming discussion"? if you guys would rather talk about how good grin's mom can suck dick then by all means please do so. I haven't played the game, so I don't have an opinion on how retartid it is.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Yeah, I'm kind of confused on the reaction here.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

PHoNyMiKe wrote:
...okay

and is this forum not called "gaming discussion"? if you guys would rather talk about how good grin's mom can suck dick then by all means please do so. I haven't played the game, so I don't have an opinion on how retartid it is.
Discussion would be the key word.

From where I'm sitting, he's just posting a bullet-list. Hard to discuss, unless you want nothing but "me too" and "U R RONG" posts.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

As retardid as Franpa.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
PHoNyMiKe wrote:
...okay

From where I'm sitting, he's just posting a bullet-list. Hard to discuss, unless you want nothing but "me too" and "U R RONG" posts.
What? You can't intelligently refute or expand upon each point on a bullet-list?

Likely people are just being jerks because it's franpa who started the thread. He isn't really well-liked around this board.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

For example:

Please list how retarded you think "franpa" is on the Zsnes Forums.
I bring the trouble.
leilei
Rookie

Post by leilei »

yeah, omg can't add to the discussion. but this man HE HAS A NEGATIVE OPINION WE BURN PEPLE with negative opinions on our favorite ^_^ games because we can't discuss!!! DAMN if he said everything positive about it we'd just be a bandwagon of "AGREED BEST GAME EVER" like every forum!
o^_^o
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

alexz721 wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
PHoNyMiKe wrote:
...okay

What? You can't intelligently refute or expand upon each point on a bullet-list?

Likely people are just being jerks because it's franpa who started the thread. He isn't really well-liked around this board.
It's a lousy way to start a discussion.

You're right, it's franpa being a lightning rod, but that doesn't make the complaints any less valid.
Not that Bahumat and Kaiser have massive fanbases either, and they were the first to jump on the bandwagon. Guess everyone's gotta have someone lower on the totem pole.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I have hopefully rectified the first sentence in my original post to suite you all. I wasn't trying to make a one sided post at the time and was more after what other people thought of the game. I worded my first sentence rather badly.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I think this thread would be better if said "What do you think of Disgaea 2" instead.

To Gil = Kaiser haven't made a post in more than 6 years.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Why the hell are some of you thinking I'm nice ? That's Nach's job.
I tolerate stuff from some people and not from others.

If anyone else had posted that, I'd have teased them a bit about playing a game they obviously hates a lot.
But it was franpa. So I just served the same dish with the relative respect franpa gets from me.

This post is another example of that behaviour.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54