more problems accessing websites

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

more problems accessing websites

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

So I know we've discussed similar situations a million times already, but now I'm having a problem of my own. I can't get into any page on an ubuntu server, which didn't seem like a big deal until i realized that I go there to check on a lot of software I use, and also that I'm now unable to use the main server's repo to perform updates (lame...). Of course, my first step was to ask a friend to check the main site to see if he could get on (the intelligent thing to do), and he got on easily. Could someone run me quickly through what I have to do to get access again? Much obliged.
I bring the trouble.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

use the mirrors dude. otherwise bitch at your ISP.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Does doing a DNS flush help or hurt the cause? IIRC, that was an option that may be useful...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

the DNS flush didn't seem to make a difference either way, unfortunately. Switching over to a different mirror for updates did work, but the updater is still looking for some things on the main server as well, which is making it yell at me (not a huge problem right now, the updates I needed to go through did). It's mostly the website access I'm having trouble with now (I can't even access the ubuntu forums to ask for help, what a situation). Is there anything else (other than the ISP bitching) that I could try to get this jump-started? Thanks for the help so far, guys.
I bring the trouble.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

DancemasterGlenn wrote:the DNS flush didn't seem to make a difference either way, unfortunately. Switching over to a different mirror for updates did work, but the updater is still looking for some things on the main server as well, which is making it yell at me (not a huge problem right now, the updates I needed to go through did). It's mostly the website access I'm having trouble with now (I can't even access the ubuntu forums to ask for help, what a situation). Is there anything else (other than the ISP bitching) that I could try to get this jump-started? Thanks for the help so far, guys.
just dump the main repo from ubuntu's mirror manager... whatever the hell it uses.

DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

I know. If I fix the problem with accessing the site though, I'll fix this repo problem in the process, so I'm focusing on that right now.
I bring the trouble.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Stop being dumb. Mirrors are provided so the main repository doesn't get overused.

USE THE MIRRORS.

have you contacted your ISP yet?

DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Haha, are you even listening to me? I'm using the mirrors, I have been before I even made my first post. Overuse of the repos is not the reason I'm cut off from their website right now.

Since you have nothing intelligent left to offer, yes, I'll be contacting my ISP now.
I bring the trouble.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

quit trying to be cool by using operating systems other than windows that you're not cool enough to use.

USE THE WINDOWS.

other than that, a simple go fuck yourself kthxbye should do the trick.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

haha, k.
I bring the trouble.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Phonymike should get paid for his life-saving advice.

And then some.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

I know, right? I could have died back there.
I bring the trouble.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

srsly
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »