Idea: bsnes logo contest

Archived bsnes development news, feature requests and bug reports. Forum is now located at http://board.byuu.org/
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

franpa wrote:Gleasonator, can you fix the top of the b? the top of the curve is thinner then the left/right of it making it appear disjointed.
I agree, actually suggested this before I but I think I was too vague.
FitzRoy wrote:Hmm, bsnes = snes emulator. Saying bsnes emulator is like saying Bob eater instead of Bob the eater or eater Bob.
Good grief, what would it take to do cycle-accurate emulation of bsnes? :shock:
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

You did mention it before, I was just clarifying it a bit more.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

So, who won this contest?
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

Lurker Here:

IMO, the most win logo would be Gleasonator's, exactly the same only using the byuu's custom font for BSNES.

Flat:

OR

Gloss:

+

=

(With a more professional copy+paste then I did, it's a quick 5 minute shoop). Maybe with the bsnes looking more "laser cut", i.e. straight lines, IDK. Just my opinion.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

gllt used the basic idea of byuu's custom font on his blue logo... what would it look like if we put that logo where you're suggesting? In red, perhaps?

gllt, interested in trying this one?
I bring the trouble.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

FitzRoy wrote:Hmm, bsnes = snes emulator. Saying bsnes emulator is like saying Bob eater instead of Bob the eater or eater Bob.
Where would you put the b then?

EDIT: sorry did some backpage posting (read page nine, posted before reading ten)

I might but I have to fix a laptop and I forgot why I was on this pc lol
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Gleasonator wrote:Alright then, guys. Here are my final two images, unless somebody can come up with a mind-changing suggestion.

Flat:

Gloss:
I dunno, maybe making the logo the same height as the red "snes" letters?
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Haneda
-Burninated-

Post by Haneda »

some dude wrote:Hmm, bsnes = snes emulator. Saying bsnes emulator is like saying Bob eater instead of Bob the eater or eater Bob.
Really? I'm betting that bsnes probably stands for "Byuu SNES" or "Byuu's SNES". Add "emulator" and it probably means "Byuu's SNES emulator".
dfreer wrote:Image
Of the logos you have suggested, I favour this one.
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

Verdauga Greeneyes wrote:
franpa wrote:Gleasonator, can you fix the top of the b? the top of the curve is thinner then the left/right of it making it appear disjointed.
Still not sure I completely understand, is this what you were asking for?

FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Really? I'm betting that bsnes probably stands for "Byuu SNES" or "Byuu's SNES". Add "emulator" and it probably means "Byuu's SNES emulator".
bsnes could stand for anything, that part doesn't matter. What matters is it's the referring to the program, so it conveys the program is emulating itself no matter how you slice it.
gllt

Post by gllt »

alright then remove the emulator part, whatever
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

FitzRoy wrote:
bsnes could stand for anything, that part doesn't matter. What matters is it's the referring to the program, so it conveys the program is emulating itself no matter how you slice it.
Yes, technically, you are correct. But what do you suggest I put there in the place of "emulator"? I think the message is pretty clear if the person knows what bsnes is.

Also, aligned the logo on the left to the letters:

Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I think it makes sense

the B Super Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator

or the B SNES emulator

it makes sense.

it is stating that it is an SNES emulator, not saying it's emulating itself.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
D--
Rookie

Post by D-- »

Since no one here has any idea how to follow byuu's simple request, design typefaces or create vector graphics, I went and did the hard work for you.

I also went ahead and made an SVG icon for bsnes so every time Microsoft updates byuu doesn't have to beg someone to render a larger icon.

Lastly, for the Photoshop fags who are no doubt going to edit my image to add bulldogs and dragons, I've provided a zip with the source SVG images, as well as EPS documents since Photoshop can't really do SVG. I put in color and black and white files, that way you can make magic pink letters with green borders to show how fucking creative you are.

http://cinnamonpirate.com/pub/huaidongxi.zip

UPDATE! Per byuu's request, I did an alternate lettering. It is available in the zip as the *-alt files. I'm done now. The rest is up to you kids.

Last edited by D-- on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gleasonator
Rookie

Post by Gleasonator »

D-- wrote:Since no one here has any idea how to follow byuu's simple request, design typefaces or create vector graphics, I went and did the hard work for you.

I also went ahead and made an SVG icon for bsnes so every time Microsoft updates byuu doesn't have to beg someone to render a larger icon.

Lastly, for the Photoshop fags who are no doubt going to edit my image to add bulldogs and dragons, I've provided a zip with the source SVG images, as well as EPS documents since Photoshop can't really do SVG. I put in color and black and white files, that way you can make magic pink letters with green borders to show how fucking creative you are.

http://cinnamonpirate.com/pub/huaidongxi.zip
awesum dood thx u rule

Now please leave. :U
byuu

Post by byuu »

D-- wrote:I also went ahead and made an SVG icon for bsnes so every time Microsoft updates byuu doesn't have to beg someone to render a larger icon.
Ouch, heh.

I guess it'll be good for OS XI's 4096x4096 default icon sizes.
D--
Rookie

Post by D-- »

Gleasonator wrote:awesum dood thx u rule

Now please leave. :U
"FUCK YOUR FACE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING VASE"
gllt

Post by gllt »

It's awesome

ps byuu said go wild, we asked him for suggestions, so don't complain that no one followed his request

and I just do gloss because people kept saying OOH CANDY and I like to make people act like needy children
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Vector graphics are severely overrated.

For the most part, vectors only make peculiarly 'clean' images.

For those things, however, it seems quite good. Try to add good detailing though... ha. Even that nice logo seems... flat to me.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I still like gllt's the best, nice one D.

so much love in this room

I think I'm gonna cry.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

I'm just really not into vector graphics.

Its a nice, but limited format.
gllt

Post by gllt »

well imo I think he did a good job, and I will also admit that bsnes's style is more suited to a flat logo (not that bsnes is in any form 'flat')

glossy logo reminds me of... nlite or something lol

and I can do vector I'm just too lazy, and I don't do creative stuff anymore

but I promise I'm not the shoop filterer you think I am, I just don't care what you think

internet brb making bulldragon snes logo

edit; ps svg is anything but limited
Last edited by gllt on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Gleasonator wrote:
Verdauga Greeneyes wrote:
Still not sure I completely understand, is this what you were asking for?

Yes, you know what we are talking about. Can you apply that change to the latest glossy version you have?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

gllt wrote:edit; ps svg is anything but limited
Requesting vector image that doesn't seem flat and underdetailed for what it's depicting. That's not a logo or simple emblem like a flag.
gllt

Post by gllt »

well I was being general, so now I will go ahead and look like an ignorant idiot for not having what you're asking for

but I was just saying that svg isn't just for making flat detail-less graphics since you can put animation in svg, which steps up what the format can do technically speaking

and you can add highlights and shading in svg, you could easily to cel-shaded art